Add Display Templates

In all seriousness, Alwin, I have nothing against web-based apps and I use many of them, but the lack of local access is still a killer for me.

I’ve always used MuC more as a standalone, even for tracklists and album art, rather than use your sources for those things. As I’ve mentioned before, my collection is heavy with unusual things, and it’s more common that I upload an album’s details to Core than the times when I find it in Core in the first place.

It’s fairly common to scan a newly-acquired CD in the drive and have Core deliver a completely bogus link, and barcodes are no help either. Then my recourse is to use Player to load cdplayer.ini with the tracklist and times, then use that as a backdoor into MuC. That’s saved my life countless times. It doesn’t seem that there’s an equivalent way to do that in Connect.

Re local files: one web app I use regularly is iPiccy, a basic photo editor. The first thing it asks is “where’s the jpg?” and allows local computer access. Something similar is not possible with Core?

Then we are done. No more discussion needed :slight_smile:

You can of course upload ONE file to Connect. It already does that for uploading custom cover images.
But Connect cannot scan your local hard drive for files.

AJ,
The ability to actually play the local music files as well as the movie files (in Movie Collector) is what I would miss, besides the extra customization abilities. I might be okay with the current/future customizations you would plan, but the ability to actually play a local music file or movie file from Connect is my main issue. I think this is more an issue for me on Movie Collector, to link to clips. I think I would probably have to manually input a file location on each item in order for the program to link to the local file.

I went into an elaborate explanation of how I often use MuC for obscure items, hoping you’d tell me how that would be handled with Connect.

So I’ll ask:
If I have a strange CD from a distant place, and it’s not in any of the db’s used by Connect, what steps would be needed to get that CD into the collection and Core?

You can do what I do. Scan the CD, get the track times, fill in the info, scan the covers, submit to Core. Once that’s done, I add my esoteric info to Collector but the basic info should someone else have the same CD is in Core and I can see it in Connect.

You’re describing a manual process, then? Typing in each track title and time?

Titles, yes. The track times are from scanning the CD. You’ll also get the CDID which allows you to submit it to Core.

Right! I hadn’t thought about the CDID, but that would be mandatory for Core.

Hi

I have the last update from John - Enhanced Details 9.1.1 from 2019 as a ZIP file.

Wids.

I’d love a copy as mine is from 2016…

Hi

This program will not let me upload ZIP files.

Do you have an email address that I can send the file to you?

Regards Mick Wilding (Wids001)