A few requests

After some usage of the app, web and application i have a few questions or feature requests:

1: Completeness. As of today we have the options to user “CiB” which by default adds “Box” and “Manual” as a selection.

I’d like another default option to be added, “Boxed” which by default checks “Box”
This way all three main “categories” used by game collectors are supported (“Loose”, “Boxed” and “CiB”)
For pricing maybe used “CiB” pricing minus “Manual Only” with a .8 mulitplier or something

2: Default “Check Value” region.
It would be nice if we could have a default “Check Value” region, instead of having to select it each time.

3: Add indication for “In any collection”
as of today, we have the very useful “blue” indicator if the game is already in the currently selected collection. i have had quite a few times where it would be nice to be able to see if it were in any of my other collections as well. maybe a “yellow” indicator could be nice? or any other color for that matter.

4: Check Value List
as with “Add Games”, i’d love to have scan a bunch of games and have them listed with prices, instead of one by one.

5: add “Search Online” for coverart when adding games missing art in some way.

6: I have quite a few games with “Not for Resale”, “Promotional” and etc. These never have barcodes. it would be nice to have a selection that a game is “Not For Resale” and we could add artwork for them.

7: Add possibility to “Create New” in the new “Manage Pick List” view
Also in general, create new Tags/pick list items without assigning anything to it after created.

8: New System Icons:
Philips VideoPac, Vectrex, Acorn Archimedes, Leapster, Watara Supervision, WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, Mercury Commander, MBO Tele-Cassetten.
I have also added some of my own: Tele Story, DVD Kids, MBO

Already requested:
Any idea when/if the “Ignore Already in collection” functionality will be added to the roadmap? and if it has been, when is it planned?

That’s what i could remember for now.
I’ll be sure to note down any new improvement i’d like added.

2 Likes

Is “Boxed” really a term that is used often?
We tried to stick to the common Loose / CIB / New categorization, that PriceCharting uses too.

Can you elaborate on this one? How/where are you selecting Region?

Would need to think about that one.
Can you explain how you are using collections?

FYI: we are bringing values back to the Add Games screen, so that will probably fix the above request.

We would love to add that to CLZ Games, but we do not have anough daily Google API calls to do so. We did add it to the Unrecognized Barcode screen, so that should help.

I would recommend to use the Edition field for that indication.
Also, you can of course already add artwork yourself.
I feel like I am misunderstanding :slight_smile:

That is already possible in CLZ Games. But not in Game Connect.

Will add those to our list.

That is still on the ideas list, no ETA yet.
We are first doing big v9 updates for CLZ Books and CLZ Music.

Yes, at least here in Norway, Boxed or even CB is used when you have the box and game, but missing the manual.

I do see that it does autoselects the last region you used when searching for a game. i probably missed that. and i also now see the benefits of having to select “edition” if there are multiple. but in occasions where there is only 1 option to select, it would be good if that got selected automatically instead of having to click “Default xx Edition”

For me, i would probably not need it when i’m done re-indexing my entire collection. but i do know that some are splitting collections for various reasons not known.

I do like the “Check Value” functionality, but did also like having value in “Add Games”, both would work.

Totally understandable

Selecting Edition would probably work the same. will try it out.

Thanks for the clarification

Thanks for the update :slight_smile: Good luck with the Big V9s

About Check Value screen:

There is no Region selector at all anymore. We removed that in version 9.
Now there is just a Default EU and Default US edition, in addition to all the actual editions.

[quote=“Romfrosk, post:1, topic:3385”]
8: New System Icons:
Philips VideoPac, Vectrex, Acorn Archimedes, Leapster, Watara Supervision, WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color, Mercury Commander, MBO Tele-Cassetten.
I have also added some of my own: Tele Story, DVD Kids [/quote]

I got myself a new platform/system: Game Master [Hartung]
Would be nice with an icon here as well.