Access violation

Hi all. If i edit too many albums at one go or a large boxset [33 disc]i get an Access violaton box pop up and the only way to get rid of it is to restart my pc. Whilst this is on i cannot do anything with the program. Anybody any ideas. I have uploaded a photo

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some troubles editing in Music Collector.

Could you send me your .muc database file so we can take a look at the problem on our side?

You can send me the file(s) via:

Please include “AJ” and “Club CLZ” somewhere in the description so it gets to me :slight_smile:

Also please let me know of at least 1 item where the problem is happening (1 album with many discs, right?)

HI AJ. All sent I think. I also get the problem if Whilst in edit mode and using the arrow in the bottom left corner to scroll and edit too many albums without saving after about 12 times

Thank you, I’ve seen the files come in and will check them later today to see if I can reproduce the problem on my side. I’ll report back here!

Thanks for sending in your database. I was not able to reproduce an Access Violation on my side.

Can you try this for me:

Please follow the steps below to try and resolve this issue, this process will affect some local settings in your software such as the width of columns, but your database will not be affected.

Here’s what to do:

1. Click the Windows start icon and type ‘regedit’ into the search box, then press ENTER.

2. Locate the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Collectorz.com > Music

3. Select that “Music” folder entry there and delete it!

4. Download and install Music Collector from your My CLZ page:
    https://my.clz.com

5. After installing, you will have to unlock the software. Fill in your username/password to unlock the software.

6. Now, reopen your database: Click File > Open then locate the database file in order to get things working again.

Now see if you can make it crash again by only editing 1 album at a time?

Thanks AJ. I’ll give a it a go.