Adding Boxsets or Discs with Multiple Movies

When I am scanning in a boxset, a collection, series or any other disc that has more than 1 movie. I scan them twice. On the first scan, I select add as individual movies. Then on the second scan, I add as a single item. The individual movie option in addition to adding it to my movie list, it tells me what year it was released. The single item scan provides me a date of when the boxset, collection or series was available. I was afraid that if I just entered the one item per boxset, then I would not be able to tell what movies were in that boxset when scrolling through the list of my movies. For example, a 3-movie collection of Alfred Hitchcock. Since Alfred Hitchcock has many movies, how would I tell what those 3 movies were if I don’t also save them as separate movies?

I would not recommend to add both ways.

If it is important to you have the individual movies as actual movie entries in your list, then I would recommend to go that way.
You can still enter information at the box set level.

Yes, my fear is that I would buy movies that I already own if that movie is in a collection and I only have the collection name. For example, the Alfred Hitchcock situation that I mentioned. I normally buy physical movie content in bulk during sales, like the 50% off Keno Lorber and Amazon Prime days among other sales. I don’t mine scanning boxsets / collections twice as it gives me the release date of the individual movies along with the release date of the boxset / collection. I will use the mobile app if I am buying from a physical store. When I am home I use the cloud website on my desktop. I also plan to do periodical CSV downloads to load into Excel. My wife is keeping a manual list (of her movies) and I plan to use the cloud download to relieve her that task. I will be tagging the movies that she wants to track. She doesn’t keep track of my movies to much other than organizing them on shelves. We have different movie likes but we still watch each others movies together.