App Store review: "one of the ugliest and least intuitive interfaces I’ve ever seen"

@Padriac
Quoted from your App Store review:

Interface: this is one of the ugliest and least intuitive interfaces I’ve ever seen. It has those “Windows app circa 2005” vibes. You really need to take time to understand how it wants you you to think. It can be overly confusing to know if you’re looking at comics you actually own vs. comics that simply exist. And while this is subjective I find the interface gaudy and ugly.

I am especially surprised about:

confusing to know if you’re looking at comics you actually own vs. comics that simply exist.

Can you elaborate on that?
The comics you own are what you see in the app’s main screen.
The only place where you can see other comics that simple exist is in the Add Comics screen, a completely separate screen for exactly that adding comics. Which is done by searching our Core online comic database.
But in any case, I don’t see how there can be confusion about “owned comics” vs “existing comics” in the app user interface. Can you explain how this is confusing for you?

Also, I am interested to learn which parts of the user interface your find ugly and “gaudy”. Is it the main comic / series lists? The comic details page where it shows all info for one comic?
Is it the main menu? The Add Comic screen maybe?

What do other users think? Is the CLZ app UI really that ugly?

1 Like

My 69 year old, tech illiterate Mom downloaded the Book app and had no trouble figuring out how it worked. So I’m going to say that it’s not unintuitive. The UI looks fine, too.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Organisatio of titles in Core

I wouldn’t agree, and I use the app daily. The covers are main element and those really shine (with the exception of the resolution on Connect’s vertical cards - but I know you are looking into that).

I wouldn’t read too much into this one!