Barcode and IMDB

Just a thought for future changes to Movie Collector.
I have a lot of movies in my collection most of them have barcodes. But I have many that have no barcode and I use IMDB.
This is not a life or death matter. I was wondering if we could add “IMDB” to one of the search menu’s. We can add movies using IMDB…but there is no place to add IMDB for movies with no barcode. If we add by barcode it is automatically added with the rest of the movie info. I can manually add the IMDB in remarks or other places. No hurry !!!
Have a Great Day. Larry

Hi Larry,

I’m not quite sure I understand your request.

What is a “search menu”?

When you “add” movies it doesn’t matter which tab in the Add Movies screen you use: you will always get the IMDb information from us if we have it.

What exactly do you wish to do?

When I use “Add Movies” I scan the barcode. when I close out and go back the barcode is automatically added in my collection. If I add a movie that has no barcode, and from Add Movies use the IMDB, it brings up the movie, and I can make changes if necessary. Save. Than Open the IMDB movie, there is no place to add the IMDB in my movie collection. Some time in the next 50 years (I won’t be around) I would like you to consider adding the IMDB when there is no barcode. This is not a life and death. On a scale to 1 to 10…it’s probably a “20”. Thanks AJ

No worries about life/death, just let’s see if I can understand your request, because I’m sorry to say I still don’t understand:

You mention “consider adding the IMDb when there is no barcode”.

But if you add via “Add Movies” and then via the Title, or Barcode, or IMDb tab, you will get IMDb information.

What is it that is not downloading? Can you give me a step-by-step tap process I can follow and clearly show what is not adding that you normally do get if you add by barcode?

AJ
No problem. I appreciate you taking a look for me. It’s not a big deal. Please, let’s just forget. Just close it out.
Have a Good Day,
Larry

I’m just trying to get the program to work properly for you, if you can point out some more with screenshots perhaps what is not working, I might be able to help out, even if it is not important - perhaps there is a misunderstanding which I would really gladly help get out of the way!

AJ
First off there is no misunderstanding. You and Everyone at Team CLZ have always been Very Customer Friendly. For that I am Thankful. At my age I quite often think of a “Better Mouse Trap” … only to realize it’s not going to happen. This is another one of those ideas. Every once in awhile I think of something…and the only reply could be "nice try Larry…we can’t do it now, but maybe someday in the future. Thank You for always being there, when I am right or I am wrong. Have A Good Day. Larry

Alright Larry, no problem, thank you. If you do want to pick this up, feel free to just contact us through our email at help.clz.com and maybe we can try and dive into this, get screenshots//see what you mean and perhaps we can do something with it.

If not, that is okay too and we’ll leave it at this! Have a great day!

AJ…Thank You Very Much.
You are “Awesome” and have always listened and helped. I am a bit confused about what I want to convey. And I respect you and appreciate you’re trying to help. Truthfully I am confused about what I am trying to say. When I figure it out, I will come back to you. All is well on my end…Thank You. Larry