BUG: Grandfathered users cannot add comics in v9.4 for Android

FYI:
There is a bug in the Android version of the CLZ Comics 9.4 update (the update that introduced the new NCBD feature). For grandfathered users, it now pops up a “you need to subscribe” message when trying to add comics.

Of course, this is NOT intentional. We did NOT get rid of the grandfathered status!
This is a bug that we will fix ASAP.

In the meantime, if you are running into this problem, just CONTACT us at help.clz.com and we will give you a temporary subscription for the app, so that you can keep using it until the bug is fixed.

@John_Potten I noticed that you posted on Facebook about this.

Yeah, thats not my problem. I dont get the popup, just blank… like camera isnt working.

But the camera works normally outside the app.

Been like it for a whole, but i just dont use the scanner since it started.

Could this be because you may have not given our app permission to use the camera?

Change app permissions

After you install an Android app, you can control which capabilities or information the app can find or use, known as permissions:

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings .
  3. In the “Google Play Store” section, select Google Play Store.
  4. Select Manage Android preferences.
  5. In the “Device” section, select Apps.
  6. From the list of apps, select an app and thenPermissions.
  7. Turn permissions on or off.
1 Like

Well that was easy…wonder when i disabled that?

Cheers. :slight_smile:

I gotta say the camera permission: on a fresh install of CLZ Comics it will popup, but on Android I think the popup is very unclear (Android OS default popup, not ours). It has 3 buttons like “Only allow once” “Always allow” or “Don’t allow” - but I always get confused and have to really read those options to choose the right one. Perhaps you tapped the wrong one at some point…?

Happy to hear that fixed it though :slight_smile:

The problem for some grandfathered users not being able to add on Android has been fixed in version 9.4.3.

Your app may have updated itself already (check the menu top left, the version number is at the top).

If it hasn’t updated itself yet, here’s how to force the update:
on Android:

1. On your device, open the Play Store app.
  2. Search “CLZ” and select your CLZ app.
  3. Tap “Update” to update the app.