BUG - Manage Collections

It appears that the sorting order on my Collections tab keeps ignoring my preferred sort order. I use both CLZ Comics and Comic Connect and would like them to reflect the same sort order on my Collections tab. Each time I attempt this, it appears to work fine… then the next morning, the sort order will be completely different from what I set it to. Please advise because this is getting annoying having to fix it every morning. Thank you!!

Can you explain what you mean by “sort order”?

Sure. For example in my Collections tab at the bottom, I would have the following order set in either CLZ Comics or on Comic Connect…

Collection A
Collection B
Collection C
Collection D
Collection E

Then I would go to the CLZ Comics (or Comic Connect) and the order would be all disorganized from what I had set it to. For example…

Collection A
Collection D
Collection E
Collection C
Collection B

When I manually re-sort the order in both, I’ll come back a few hours later and it will be disorganized into some other random order.

Assuming your CLZ Cloud / Comic Connect is fully up-to-date, the best solution is to clear the database in your app, then download all data from the CLZ Cloud again.

Here’s how to do that:

• open the app
  • from the menu, choose Maintenance, then Clear Database
  • then, again from the menu, choose Sync with CLZ Cloud to download your data.

After that, the order should not change anymore.

Is there any reason why this would suddenly be doing this? I’ve been using both platforms for the past several years without any issues to the collection sorting. But this just started occurring after downloading the latest update to CLZ Comics.

If it helps you debug, it seems that after syncing my data, whatever collection I was modifying last on CLZ Comics now moves to the beginning of the collections tab on Comic Connect.

I don’t think we made any changes in this area.

Mmm, there was a problem here indeed, on the Comic Connect side.
This has now been fixed!

Well, it looks like it was fixed, but now the bug is back. I just did a test now…

My current sort order of 13 collections mirrored both on CLZ Comics and Comic Connect. They were properly ordered as…

• Collection 1
  • Collection 2
  • Collection 3
  • Collection 4
  • Collection 5
  • Collection 6
  • Collection 7
  • Collection 8
  • Collection 9
  • Collection 10
  • Collection 11
  • Collection 12
  • Collection 13

I added one comic to Collection 4 called on Comic Connect. Then moved that comic to Collection 5.

When I opened CLZ Comics, it automatically synced with the cloud but the current sort order on CLZ Comics moved Collection 5 to the second from the last position. For example…

• Collection 1
  • Collection 2
  • Collection 3
  • Collection 4
  • Collection 6
  • Collection 7
  • Collection 8
  • Collection 9
  • Collection 10
  • Collection 11
  • Collection 12
  • Collection 5
  • Collection 13

I went to Comic Connect and my previous sort order is still the way it was before with all of my collections sorted properly.

Please advise. Thank you.

For what it’s worth, I made some changes to Collections 1 in just the past several hours on Comic Connect. When I went back to CLZ Comics, it automatically synced with the cloud, and now my collections tab is further unsorted again, moving Collections 1 to the third from the last position. For example…

• Collection 2
  • Collection 3
  • Collection 4
  • Collection 6
  • Collection 7
  • Collection 8
  • Collection 9
  • Collection 10
  • Collection 11
  • Collection 12
  • Collection 1
  • Collection 5
  • Collection 13

So, it looks like this bug is back again in the CLZ Comics app after a brief moment when everything seemed good a couple of days ago.

We tried everything we could think of, but we are not able to reproduce this problem.

Can you please try this again?

So far, this issue has resolved itself, as I haven’t noticed any resorting on my end for the past few weeks. Whatever you all ended up doing to fix it, I thank you!