Building the Lego Avengers Tower

After finishing the Lego Barad-dûr Tower, the CLZ team instantly started on the next Lego project, which is another tower.

The Lego Avengers Tower!

6 Likes

3 Likes

Continuing today, I wanted to share this picture of the inside of the 1st floor (Or ground floor, depending which side of the pond you’re from).
It’s the Tesseract!

And then we have Iron Man in front of it, with the looming eye of Sauron towering over. The beginning of a LotR / Avengers crossover perhaps?

Today, Justin started to work on the 2nd floor (yes, in some countries that would then be the 1st floor).

And I will be working on the next bag of LEGOs in a couple of minutes!

3 Likes

Just finished building bag 10! Made a timelapse too:

And here’s the Cap who seems to have fallen:

3 Likes

Lekker bezig mensen, leuk jullie samenwerken en project te zien groeien! Succes met de volgende klus en veel plezier met elkaar.

1 Like

Justin doing brick bag #11.

The tower after 11 stages:

3 Likes

Brick bag #12, including a Hulk minifigure!

4 Likes

Hulk made it to the side of the building:

Pim worked on the Quinjet:

(and that’s his “best programmer in the world” cup next to him)

1 Like

Coming together nicely:

And I continued work on that floor:

That’s this floor nearly done:

Cool little detail with the newspaper saying “Who is the Iron Man” .
(Spoiler: it’s Tony)

1 Like

And then Justin finished this floor!

With the help of Wong we got the floor in the right place on top of the tower:

Annnnnnd there we go!

2 Likes

We have some catching up to do! As a lot has happened when we are not working on Core :grin:

Me Starting on the hangar/ 4th floor

Taco continuing with bag number 22

1 Like

The tower has been coming along nicely the last few days with the interior and the outside details showing now

1 Like

Now we are on to the upper part of the tower with a lego copy of Avengers #1. This will be added in Core shortly and we are considering sending it off for grading :joy:

3 Likes

So @CLZ_Alwin closed the day off yesterday with another bag

1 Like

Today we had @CLZ_Martin, @CLZ_Rowdy and myself doing some building. We’re almost done with the front section of the giant wall of windows.

2 Likes

Final update as we finished this magnificent build today.
It’s @CLZ_Pim’s b’day today so he was the builder of bag number 39!

Some progress pictures

Pim building Loki on the Chitauri speeder

2 Likes
1 Like

A little teaser for our next project…

1 Like

Wow, Legos have changed so much since I was a kid. Thought I was a big bad ass when I had a motor that ran off a D-cell battery. The kits back then were pretty primitive compared to today’s. But still captivated my imagination. I spent countless hours with my son building every kind of kit imaginable. Then they evolved into Transformer, kind of things forget what they’re called. Broke my heart when my son told me he wanted to give him all the way to his cousin because he didn’t care for them anymore. However, the shit eating grin that I saw on his young cousins face when he got box loads and box loads of the stuff made me realize that it was the right thing to do. My nephew even worked at Legoland in Carlsbad, California for a couple of summers. Well, he was in college. Not sure what became of those Legos, but they definitely had an impact on Few generations of us in my family.

3 Likes