Can you help me find a song?

I really like this song but I can’t find it. I’ve tried Shazam and three other music apps trying to figure out what song this is and non of them can figure it out.

So possibly someone here who’s really into music might know it!

If the below link does not work, go to YouTube and search for

NY Radio Station Aircheck July 4, 1976. Unedited with Commercials WPLJ WXLO WYFY92 And More…

and go to 56m 24s.

Sounds like a Disco song but it only plays for 20 seconds (mostly the intro) before the radio is tuned to a different station.

Interestingly enough, the cassette recording took place on July 4th, 1976 which is only (at the time of this message) only 4 days away from it’s 48th anniversary!

Is there anyone that might know what this tune is? I’d love to add it to my collection!

Thanks,

I’ll check with a friend soon, but you are right, sounds like a disco intro to me as well.
MikeC

Thanks, that’s very exciting. I’ll cross my fingers and hope for the best!

By the way what’s odd is I can’t even play that video anymore. I get a message that says “This video contains content from SESAC. It is not available in your country.”

That’s weird, I’ve played it several times in the past with no problem at all. Just for the heck of it, I just now tried searching for it via the title " NY Radio Station Aircheck July 4, 1976. Unedited with Commercials WPLJ WXLO WYFY92 And More" and found it but I get the same message. So I’m really glad you can play it and hear how it sounds.

Here’s what I found…

It explains why I’m getting that message.

If your still able to play that YouTube video, is there a way you might be able to copy that 20 seconds of it or so? If not, I’m afraid my efforts of finding that song might be lost. Or, something will get resolved later and we’ll be able to play it again.

I’m glad you heard it though! Maybe someone else from a different country might be able to hear it. The crazy thing is, that video was effected just one day ago! Also, I learned YouTube is doing their best to negotiate with SESAC.

Anyway, please let me know how things are going with the search.

I really appreciate it…

Thanks!

I played it for her, she said it was maybe something out of Shaft Isaac Hayes, checking those now… sounds like part of the soundtrack for the movie to me, got that?

Also I snipped two bit rates around the 20 seconds you wished, I’ll attempt to edit that set to a bit shorter with a sound editor i have called cool edit pro, from long ago. get back with you then.
Oh, I also listened for around 4 minutes more to see if I could catch any more, alas, nothing.

MikeC

Thank you very much for making a copy of that 20 second bit of the video! I’m shocked you can play it can I can’t.

Also very interesting, I happen to have the Shaft Isaac Hayes soundtrack on SACD. I also have the UHD Blu-ray version of the movie. I’ll check to see if I can track down that opening from the music disc I have.

I’ll let you know if I can find that intro on the album/SACD. Even though I haven’t heard the opening of that song in a while, if I hear it, I’m sure I’ll recognize it.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I just listened to all the songs from the Shaft Isaac Hayes album and it’s not it.

From what I remember, the opening to that one song on the YouTube video is much more disco than anything else on the Shaft album.

Since all the apps I tried (three of them) to see if it could pick out the song, non of them knew what it was. Which makes me wonder if the song might have been only played in that part of the country or even possibly only that one radio station. Hopefully not.

Have you tried the Shazam phone app? Very few songs it misses…

If I can upload the link here is the sound as a wav file folks…

Here it is, from my Google Drive section
MikeC

PS I opened and created a version with this as 4 inserts, still no luck with any AI I have access to, I can try a friend but he will need more than just friendship, around $50 as he is in hard times and needs the money. But I don’t want to obligate him or you to this expenditure (I could give him the money but he would refuse it out of pride, wants to earn it for some reason… go figure).

PPS tried Shazam, both on the 20 second one and the 4x one, no luck… sorry.

Hi, Yes… It was the first one I tried, it couldn’t find it. Just for the hell of it, I just tried it again three times with Shazam and again no result. It said it was tough!

I also tried two other song search apps, but they couldn’t find it either.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi, thanks for trying a few more times. As you know, I tried on Shazam too.

Your friend sounds interesting. Is there a reason why he might know what song it is? Does he have access to something others may not that could help find the song?

Thanks!

PS; The YouTube video is working again. Looks like they have their matter straightened out with that one company. Even so, I’m glad you made a clip of the audio for me!