Cataloging music-related titles

I realize there is no right or wrong way to do this, but what do you do when you are cataloging your music-related titles? For example, I have Tom Petty’s A Bunch of Videos and Some Other Stuff on VHS. Currently, I have it cataloged in CLZ Music, but should it be cataloged on CLZ Movies instead?

Likewise, I have Led Zeppelin’s Celebration Day in a CD/DVD combo box. In this case, I cataloged it in CLZ Movies. If I attempt to enter it in CLZ Music, I just see entries that show “Disc 1” and “Disc 2” with the CD track listings.

I don’t have many titles like this, but I’d like to keep them in either Movies or Music, and I’m kind of leaning toward keeping them in Movies. If I’m searching for them, I’d like them to be in just one place, and Movies is better suited for video content, even if it is a music video compilation or a concert.

My recommendation would be to have them in CLZ Movies indeed.

1 Like

I catalog all concert / music videos in Movie Collectorz, Also I’ve ripped all VHS to Disc as they tend to degrade over time.

1 Like

My usual way of handling CD/DVD combo packages like the Led Zeppelin example is to enter the audio disk in the Music app and the video disc in the Movies app, because the musical contents frequently differ.

In the Notes section for the CD entry, I’ll write “Also includes a DVD,” with a similar cross-reference in the Notes for the DVD.

Where I store a combo package depends on the type of case the discs are stored in. If it’s a standard DVD case, the entry in the Music app (where a jewel case is the norm) includes a note saying “Stored with the DVDs.”

1 Like