Change issue number back to the old style

How do I get rid of the white box around issue number and use old style? Thanks

@mikenmicote

Here is all the information about the new version:

When you say to use the old style, can you explain exactly where you are annoyed by the new style?

Is it in “Card view” in your main screen?
If so, we are currently re-designing that so it will not cover the cover anymore, and it will be put in a much better place.

For which screen is this?

Not the original poster, but for me, I liked the issue number appearance the way it was prior to the update (in all screens). One, in the issue search screen or on the card screen, it blends into the top corner whereas before, it was in the box below the cover image and far more noticeable. That is the same issue I have with the issue view screen under any series, with the issue number at the top, across from the title, rather than down below as it was before. It feels more natural to shift down the section with the release date and put the issue number above it and next to the collection status icon (which should also be moved to above the release date). I also liked having the issue number filled in with the collection status color. Just having a white border around it with the background cover makes it less noticeable.

We changed the layout of the comic details to make it more logical.
We figured that the Series and Issue Number are THE most important details here, so these two should be big at the top.
Previously the issue number was lower down, next the collection status icon.

We really think the new layout makes much more sense and is more in line with other screens of the app.

The Issue Number was always in blue, not the collection status color. Screenshot from the old version:

The Collection Status color was (and still is) in the Collection Status icon (which has been moved a bit lower down too).

For the Card View in the main screen, we are already working on a tweak, where we are moving the issue number below the cover image again.
Sneak preview:

Yes the “Card” view, main screen Thanks

I’m glad to see that the issue number is being moved with the card view. I think that will work a lot better than the most recent update placement.

As for the issue screen, my mistake on the issue numbering color. For some reason, I thought it matched the collection status color. With that said, if you don’t have any plans on moving the issue number from where it now is, would you all be able to put the blue color back with it? My eyes (and, I assume, some others) tend to be drawn by that more (and I find that my eyes are still searching for it whenever I’ve gone to this screen since the update).

Sorry, there is little chance that this will be changed back. We are confident that the new look is better.