Collection worth question

Is the worth of my collection skewed?I In statistics it is shows that My issue of punisher is a 6.5 and the covr price shows a 9.8 for $1500. Has the $1500 been populated into my collection value? I have noticed several books like that. Also what is the difference between value and cover price, is the cover price exactly that?

That is happening because we do not currently have any slabbed 6.5 sales in the system for the newsstand edition, so you are getting the most common condition fair market value. The MCCFMV only comes into play when we don’t have sales data for your specific copy. It looks for the grade bucket with the most sales - which happens to be a 9.8 for that book. There are very few 6.5 slabbed copies on the CGC census and CGC doesn’t differentiate between newsstand and raw - so there’s even fewer newsstands available for there to be any sales data.

This is the type of situation where you would want to:
a) ask us at CovrPrice to see if we can find any specific sales data for your actual grade OR
b) look at the sales data for the same book but similar grades and add your own value.

Did some additional research and was able to find some slabbed 6.5 sales data - so FMV’s have been updated on the CP side and should flow through to the CLZ side today.

Does this also happen with raw books or only slabbed?

Both - but only if we don’t have any data for the grade you’ve selected.

Is there a way to rapidly find these books with a search ? My collection is 5000 books

Rapidly … unfortunately no. If you’re going through your collection, if you see your grade and you see a price that has a different grade next to it (and its greyed out), that means you are getting the most common condition value. So in the example below, my copy is marked as a raw 9.0, but there’s no sales data for that specific book in a NM raw range, so its giving the VF raw value.

Cover Price is just the price that is stated on the cover.

Sorry for the potential confusion with our company name!