Consistent Naming of fields/picklist naming

Is there an assigned consistency here for various fields?
The one that has been hitting me the most lately are aspect ratios.
Example: For the longest time I have seen Theatrical Widescreen (2.39:1), but now I am seeing Widescreen (2.39:1) on downloads when I add a movie to the program. 2.00:1 was called Univisum (spelling) but now we are looking at just straight Widescreen (2.00:1). I find myself changing these downloads back to ‘standard’ and deleting the non-standard one from the picklist. Frequently I am also seeing the term ‘Anamorphic’ downloading for blu-ray or 4K releases. Of course I correct them and submit them back to core as ‘Anamorphic’ is a DVD term.

We did a big changeover a few years ago with the actual disc formats. Instead of Blu-ray Disc, it was changed to simply Blu-ray. And the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format was shortened to 4K UHD. So there was a precedent set back then.

Just trying to collect thoughts or comments here.

We are dependent on information from users for aspect ratios, and we have not added or adjusted any aspect ratios recently.

Widescreen Univisum is still in core and we have no "Widescreen (2.00:1) in our database as an example.

We appreciate the submissions, this is the only way to fix the aspect ratios. We have 1300000 movie barcodes in CORE, Unfortunately, manually fixing them is not an option.

@MrKrawk
I too used to struggle with this mish mosh of Aspect Ratios in Movie Collector when adding from the Core.

I now always check the actual disc for aspect ratio.
I’ve found many movies even put the wrong aspect info on the back cover and slips, as do various websites wrongly list them.

Below is the core’s current (growing?) list.

I whittled down my own list. Easier to sort and control. It probably needs a tune-up though, and I have to remove core added info when adding from the core.

I like the variable option in your list. I have simply been selecting both ratios that a film is in. Commonly the 1.78:1 and another one, such as 2.35:1 or something. Do you leave it as simple variable or do you use both ratios the film is in?
There are so many in between formats that when I consider something Widescreen vs Theatrical Widescreen, right now I think that point is 2.20 and 2.35 respectively. Maybe I should bump that back to 2.00 as your chart shows 2.20 as a 70mm format.

When Multiple ratios exist I add them all. When it comes to all the in-between oddball ratios, I just use the closest one, 2.34 becomes 2.35 etc.

Don’t use my list as gospel but 2.00 and 2.20 are not the same. I used several sources to make my list you can get a good start here to help make your own. Aspect ratio (image) - Wikipedia