Core Series ID going blank

So I’m running into an issue in CLZ Comics but I think it’s coming from Collector. I am finding instances in which the Core Series ID is getting emptied. I think it’s happening when I unlink a comic in Collector.

Here is the general approach…

I just submitted Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1 Turkish edition of 129. There is an existing “The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1 [TR]” in the Core. I have that in my database. So I first added the orginal ASM 129 US edition. That way I got all of the creator and other information.

Then I moved that issue into the Turkish series. I made the appropriate edits and submitted that.

That all seemed to work smoothly and as I would have expected.

After I synced to the Cloud, I unlinked that issue from within Collector (I did that so that I could track that it’s not properly linked and so that I removed the CovrPrice value).

When I synced back, the Series ID is now empty in CLZ Comics.

I’ve struggled at times to get that Series ID back. At one point, I ended up adding an issue that I don’t own, getting the series ID from that newly created series, adding that series ID to my existing series and then deleting that extra issue that I only added to get that series ID.

Is there something I’m doing that is making this harder than it should be?

In Cloud a comic is linked to a comicID.
Based on that it will grab a seriesID.

If you unlink the comic in Collector, and sync that, it will sync the empty comicID.
Then, the cloud will notice that, and also clear the seriesID.

That is what is happening here - but it is intended and keeps other bigger problems… out the door :slight_smile:

But for this use case I can understand it is a bit annoying. I don’t really have a “better” way of doing this other than just adding the comic normally in its original series, and not unlink it. We have great tools to grab creators/characters ourselves, so if that is the only reason you’re doing it you could just submit it and later use update from Core to grab the creators/characters from us.