Cover images shrinking when syncing from mobile to Connect

Hi there! I spent most of my pandemic free time fastidiously searching for and creating hundreds of high-quality cover images consistent with the exact version of the discs I own (I even created blu-ray case “frames” I use with a Photoshop template!).

Lately though, when I update any information from the mobile app, it shrinks the image considerably! So when I return to Connect on my desktop web browser, the image is much, much smaller.

I understand server space is precious, but… is this on purpose? Or can it be fixed?

Thanks!

1 Like

This has indeed been changed recently. All images that are over 5Mb in size are downsized to a more acceptable resolution and file size.
This is mostly about performance and bandwidth, not so much about server space.

It should be possible to have quite hi-res images within 1Mb of file size? Have you tried playing with JPEG compression a bit?
I recommend trying to keep your images within 1500x1500 pixels and around 500kb in filesize.

1 Like

Oh that’s good to know! I was using PNGs about 1600 pixels in height, usually around 3MB each. I’ll take these new specs under advisement! 1MB JPGs should be very easy.

1 Like

I used to struggle with this as well so I now use 420x540 for BR & 420x600 for DVD, also make sure it is not the auto downloaded pic and also check the custom box and it will work for you when it uploads to the cloud.

1 Like