Cover Size

Good evening,

X urrently using Android and the latest update on CLZ Movies.
While adding some movies I noticed that my Covers - both front and back - have been reduced to thumbnail size.
A spot check throughtout the records shows that all Covers have been reduced in size.
I chose one and tried to save it again hoping it would return to the larger size.
Is there a setting or something within the CLZ App that may have changed ?
I cannot think of anything that would change approximately 12000 movies in one fell instance.

Thanks for the assistance

I see you are using CLZ Movies, Movie Connect AND Movie Collector.
Where are you adding your movies and where do you see images in thumbnails size?

When syncing through CLZ Cloud, very large images are indeed reduced in size, but never to thumbnail size.

I have also noticed a change in the cover sizes in CLZ Movies. For me this is when I add a new front or back cover in the edit screen then the new cover in that screen is the size of a thumbnail. Previously the image covered a larger portion of the screen.

Example:

Is there a recommended size for cover images? Sometimes when I’m searching cover images, I find 1000x1000 pixel or larger images. While the high resolution images look nice (particularly on desktop), I do wonder how it will render on mobile.

1 Like

Is this an image you add yourself? What was the resolution of the original image?

1000x1000 is good size, that is not too large.
I would not go beyond 1500x1500 though.

1 Like

Yes it’s an image i’m adding myself with a resolution of 2962x3500 and all images i’m adding is of this size. However, when the cover is added and i click on it in the details template it enlarges to the correct size so i think this might be an issue with how the image is displayed in the edit screen.

CLZ is my go to for adding movies. Two days ago I added a few and all was well. Yesterday, I found that every front and back cover has been reduced in size. I thought that was odd. I tried saving the “thumbnail” to my phone Gallery and re-uploading it to no avail. I found new front covers, saved the image in the gallery, and replaced the cover…same results…automatically defaults to the thumbnail type image.

When I do add my own, I stick to the 1092 size.

But where do you see that?

It is in each entry of my CLZ Movies - Cover Front / Back

I checked with our Android developer and this is a bug that was introduced recently, in the Edit screen.

Don’t worry, this is just a bug in the way the cover image is DISPLAYED and ONLY in the Edit screen… The cover image has not actually been resized to a thumbnail.

This bug will be fixed in the next update.

1 Like

Awesome info. Thank you for the follow up. This is why I continue to subscribe !!!