Create a folder for comics based on Character or event

Hello CLZ comics community. This is my first use of Club CLZ. I have a question, can I create a folder in the App that will have all the comics that are related to a character, an event or even create a folder for my favourite artist or writer e.g. a Superman folder with all the comics that have Superman like Man of Steel, Adventures of Superman and Superman Vol.1 and 2 etc. Or an event like Batman Battle for the Cowl? Looking forward to the responses.

For generic folders for all purposes, I would recommend to set Tags (on the Personal tab of the Edit screen), and then in the main screen use Tag folders.

Alternatively, use the Series Group field and Series Group folders. Those are meant to make groupings like Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, etc…

Reading your ideas above, I’d say go for Series Group.

Thank you Alwin, I will try that.

Hello Alwin, how do I create a new folder (for example) called Superman and put in all the Superman comics I have in this folder? I am trying to follow the steps here: Grouping into folders - CLZ Comics - 1

but it is no straight forward. Thank you in advance for your help.

You don’t actually “create” folders. Folder are automatic, based on the data in your comic entries.

For all those Superman comics, set the Series Group field to “Superman”.
You can use the batch editing tools for that.

Then after that, tap the folder icon top left, then choose Series Group as the folder field.

Hello Alwin, thank you for your reply. Is there any chance in the next version you can add a feature that allows us to create a folder? As another example, I have comics that are all related to an event e.g. X-Men’s Age of Apocalypse with all the Ti-In books. And I want to put those books in one place specific to that event. Not sure if that is possible (as you said creating a folder is not a possibility)? Thank you for your support.

Have you tried the Story Arc field?

Hi Alwin. OK, now I get it. So when I scroll down the pre-selected menu and choose one of the fields, then the screen changes automatically and puts the comics in the right grouping. Is that how it is supposed to work?

However, I just tried that and unfortunately the whole run on age of Apocalypse did not appear as a group in the story arc field.

My initial question was whether I can create a folder, call it a name e.g. All Superman comics or Age of Apocalypse and add the comic list there. If that is not possible, then that is fine. At least I know. It would be handy to have that sort of control int he App though.

Yes, that’s it.
That is why I said “you do not actually create folders”.
Folder are automatic. Folders are just automatically created groups of comics that have the same value in the folder field.

So if you choose Series Group as the folder option, it automatically creates folders for all comics that have the same Series Group set.
And YOU can set that Series Group field for your comics. So if you set the Series Group field to “Deadpool and friends” for some of your comics, that automatically “generates” a “Deadpool and friends” folder.

But you can set the Story Arc field yourself for the comics that should be in that folder.

Yes, you CAN do that. But it works differently:

• you use the Edit screen on those comics and set the Story Arc field to “Age of Apocalypse” for those comics
  • then go to Story Arc folders and an “Age of Apocalypse” folder will automatically appear, containing those comics.

OK, that Story Arc guide you told me about editing the comic actually works. Thank you.

However, do I have to edit each comic individually or can I edit group of comics at the same time?

You can edit groups of comics in one go too, using the Edit Multiple tool:

Great. I am getting there. I will have a look at this video later. Thank you Alwin, you have been fantastic. Appreciate your support.