Creators and characters from Core

When I update from core, it is not updating characters and creators from core. Is there a setting somewhere for “custom” to be on by default?

I don’t want custom to be set for them as I would like it to keep up to date from core. Any ideas on how to set my comics to use core with out me having to change every individual comic?

Hope this makes sense. I am probably missing a setting somewhere.

Loyal User,
Chris Reeder

It only does that for Creators and Character lists that are NOT set to Custom.
Once you are set to Custom, then you are on your own, you control the list.

Is there a setting somewhere for “custom” to be on by default?

No there is not. Custom needs to be set manually, you normally do that WHEN you make changes. As long as you have not made changes, it does not need to be set to Custom.

I don’t want custom to be set for them as I would like it to keep up to date from core. Any ideas on how to set my comics to use core with out me having to change every individual comic?

It is set to CORE by default.

@CLZ_Alwin Any way to get you guys to set all my comics to not be custom? Seems they all are set that way except the 10 or so I manually changed this morning.

It would be much appreciated.

Chris Reeder

Have you been editing Creator names through Manage Pick Lists maybe?

@CLZ_Alwin No, I think I may know what may have got me in this state. I noticed that the plots of some of my Daredevil and Captain America were different than what was in the core which I thought was strange (noticed while submitting variant updates using the app/website). I wondered if there were other core data that may not be up to date for some reason, so I blanked out the plot, artist, writer, etc then synced. Then I updated from core to refresh the data from core. I saw the plot updated but later realized I was now missing all the characters and artist.

Hope this makes sense. I could see the blank out being a way the system triggered the “manual” update for sure. I will know not to do that going forward for sure. Any way I could get you guys to reset all the books in all my collections for me?

Again, hope this makes sense,
Chris Reeder

Yeah, that would cause all your Creator lists to go to Custom.

@CLZ_Alwin,
Yeah, after you explained I figured that would have done it.

Would you guys be able to bulk fix all my 25+k books for me for characters and creators?

Chris Reeder

We would need to look at that. Maybe we can set everything to CORE again on your CLZ Cloud.

@CLZ_Alwin That would be VERY helpful. I have started manually updating my books but it is taking FOREVER to go through one by one.

Thank you!
Chris Reeder

Chris, we have updated your CLZ Cloud to mark ALL creators and character list as “CORE” lists again.

Now, in your CLZ Comics app, just Sync with CLZ Cloud to get those changes. (that will take a while though)

Thank you @CLZ_Alwin, looks MUCH better this morning!

Did the sync already complete then?

Yes. Thank you again!