Death the high cost of living no price

Barcode 76194120159700111
Price check please?

Looks like that is a TPB. We do not generally track the prices on TPB’s in CovrPrice. We generally assume TPB’s are the actual cover price as that’s what they commonly go for unless they are some rare version.

1 Like

Oh I see. But even so it would be useful to assign the cover price for TPBs? At least we can see the approx total value of our collection rather than assume that that TPBs are worthless?

We don’t even add them to the system. It’s just not our focus right now. Maybe you could convince the CLZ folks to provide a default based on cover price when there’s no book linked to CovrPrice?

1 Like

I don’t want to flog a dead horse and I’m grateful for the time you’ve taken to reply already but as a collector I would actually be quite happy to buy a secondhand TPB because of new cover art, character designs, sometimes scripts and, last but not least, often terrifically written introductions by other famous writers. So I can’t imagine there’s zero market for out of print TPBs. Anyway as I said, thanks for your explanations above and don’t feel obliged to reply further :sweat_smile::pray:

Sorry if I implied there is zero market for TPB’s, but its just not something we’ve tackled yet. They often muddy the waters when trying to auto match sales to the single issue comics and frankly we only have enough bandwidth to address those single issue comics and magazines. We’ve been around maybe 1/4 the amount of time CLZ has been around, so perhaps once we’ve matured a bit we’ll be able to expand into the collected works.

1 Like