Different Sort Orders?

For years I’ve primarily used the mobile app. To make selling my collection easier, I’m now using Comic Connect. While my collection has synced on both programs, the sort titles did not carry over. This means my mobile app has the sort titles I want, but the Comic Connect website shows my collection in a different order.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason this wouldn’t sync from one program to the other? Is there a setting I’m missing? I’m fiddling with 10k comics, so the idea of re-doing all of the titles is incredibly unappealing.

Thanks for any assistance!

I’m assuming this is about series sort titles right?

I’ve just activated the “Series” folders on your Comic Connect page (clicking the folder button top left, then click “Series”).

It looks sorted properly to me.

Could you give me a couple of examples, even with screenshots if possible, where the sorting differs?

Thanks for the response! Here’s a screenshot of Aquaman on Comic Connect

While the app on my phone (which is synced) shows:
Aquaman, Vol. 5
Aquaman, Vol. 7
Aquaman, Vol. 7 Annual
Aquaman, Vol. 8
Aquaman 1989 Special
Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

The app is behaving how I want, but I don’t understand why there would be any discrepancies in synced accounts. I’m fairly new to using Comic Connect, so I wouldn’t be shocked to find out there’s a button or setting I don’t know about.

Thanks again!
Jon

A series has a sortname, and the app and connect usually use that for sorting.

However, there is a difference between the two when it comes to numbers, and I think that is what is going on here.

Can you go to the menu in your mobile app, then go to Manage Pick Lists, then Series, then scroll to the same Aquaman bit and make a screenshot and post it here as well? Just want to make sure it is the issue I do already know about!

Sorry for the delay, but heres the screenshot you wanted. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!

Thanks for that.
I can explain what is different now.

The mobile apps and desktop software uses what is called “natural sorting”, which takes into account the numbers in the titles.

The CLZ Cloud site and Connect web-app use strict alphabetical sorting. I am afraid natural sorting is very hard (impossible?) to do in a sql based environment.

So that is the reason:
Mobile sees 1989 as a high number, so it sorts after 8 (of Aquaman 8)
Connect sees 1989 as “1” first, so it sorts before 5 (of Aquaman 5)

Both are correct, just different. / but I do agree it would be better to have it different.

Solution that works for you:
A solution could be to change the sort title of Aquaman 1989 to “Aquaman 9”
Or change the sort titles of Aquaman 5-9 to “Aquaman 0005”