Extra/Bonus Episodes in a TV Series Season

Hello,

I have been using Movie Collector desktop software for several years and I have been modifying the Movies/TV Series since shortly after I added my collection. I really like how easy it is to make changes.

I have a number of TV Series and one of the modifications that I have been doing for them is when a Season includes Extra/Bonus episodes, I have been manually adding them to the disc they are on as I like having the information for that particular episode. The only thing i don’t like is that when I add a Extra episode, it adds it with a episode number (where ever it is in the season order) and all the following episodes are off number wise.

Below are a couple of screen shots of what I am talking about. I am using Star Trek: The Original Series Season 2 Blu-ray and the only things I have done at this point is to modify the name/title of each disc and move the episodes to their correct discs. In below screen shot, Disc 4 only has the episode “The Trouble with Tribbles”. It is season episode #15 and the first episode on Disc 5 is The Gamester of Triskelion #16.
Star Trek TOS S2 - Original

Now Season 2 also includes the Animated Episode “More Tribbles, More Troubles” and the Start Trek: Deep Space Nine episode “Trials and Tribble-ations”. When I go and add the episodes, “More Tribbles” is assigned #16 and “Trials” is #17 with The Gamesters of Triskelion is now #18 as shown on the below screen shot.

I am wondering if there has been an talk or discussion about adding a “radio button” or some other indicator indicating that the particular episode is an Extra/Bonus episode and not to be included in the Season Episode numbering. Something along the line of the screen shot below. It is just a quick and dirty mockup of what I am talking about. The orange circles with the numbers could just be solid, have “EX” in them (or something similar) or be a different color in order to make it noticeable that they are not part of the actual season.
Star Trek - Extra Episodes Mockup

I have about 15 different TV Series that have Extra/Bonus episodes included. All of my TV Series were purchased in the USE and are Regions 1 & A.

Thanks.

1 Like

I add bonus stuff in the “Additional Features box” so it doesn’t screw up the episode numbering. I agree it would be nice to add an unnumbered bonus episode / feature. I like your idea of an "EX or something similar.

Unfortunately it gets tacked on the bottom rather than with the disc episodes as it should be.

Hi Roybo,

I also add information to the Additional Features box, but it is mostly related to the extras on the disc itself. Having said that, the only option that came to mind is to add the information related to the episode by listing it after the plot description. By doing that, it will keep the information with the episode.

Below is a screen shot of how I have listed the Additional Features information for Start Trek: The Original Series Season 1.

Thanks.

It is on our radar to allow users to set their own episodes numbers (as well as track numbers for our music cataloging apps), but right now we can’t promise anything on this, so using a workaround like the Additional Features or Features field would be best.