[Fixed] Superman, Vol.4 Special

I shouldn’t this series actually be:

Superman Special, Vol. 3

Vol. 1 is #1-3 from 1893-85
Vol. 2 is #1 from 1992

The only other volumes are foreign. There is no ‘Vol.3’ Special current in the core

Other places online also call it Vol.3

I get that it is being called Superman, Vol. 4 Special (like the core does with annuals). But none of the other Specials follow that naming format. So this is just confusing.

Nope, this is part of the “Rebirth” era and was released way later when the New 52 era had ended. Back then they would publish these every so often (This is clearly visible with Annuals) which is why they were easy to track. But now with every few years a new #1 it will get messy which is why we have it the way we do. Hope this answers your question, thanks for posting! :blush:

1 Like

@CLZ_Justin, you have clearly misunderstood my point.

I doubt you will see it my way but here goes.

Every time the same title is repeated you give it a new volume number eg

All-new Hawkeye, Vol. 1
All-new Hawkeye, Vol. 2

Even though there is a title called Hawkeye, there’s series don’t slot into , they don’t get slotted into that order there are distinct titles.

Likewise ‘Superman Special’ is the title of the book.

You have Vol. 1, which has 3 issues. Then the series is restarted and you have Vol. 2, which has 1 issue.

They are in the database as.
Superman Special, Vol. 1
&
Superman Special, Vol. 2

As far as I have seen, Annuals are the only books tied to a specific series volume. So the way the core formats them is

Superman, Vol. 2 Annual

So when you have entered the superman special as from 2018. Instead of following the CLZ establish convention and making that the 3rd volume of ‘Superman Special’. You’ve switched to following CLZ annual convention instead for just this special.

My suggestion was to make the core constant and to follow its own established convention.

I had assumed Superman, Vol. 4 Special was a formatting issue, and that it was the 4th volume, so then I spent an hour scouring the internet to try and find what was the 3rd volume of the Superman special. That was not in the core. That was why I’d made the suggestion. The formatting and naming is not consistent with the established CLZ convention. Doing that in no way ties it to the 3rd ‘new 52’ volume of superman. It is simply saying it is the 3rd volume of superman specials.

No, I get what you’re saying.
The titles themselves don’t tie in with anything.

But with the many re-doings of universes it unfortunately has. You have to understand that they way these publishers publish their books, it’s never consistent. We just have to make something off of it and have it organised properly. This book is in that grey area. The book is released during the rebirth, is set within the rebirth era and the layout of the cover (DC logo) makes it look like the rebirth era. Which is why we made the decision to have it like the Annuals. We almost always follow the indicia but some books fall into that grey area, it’s not always about the book just being there in Core. It’s also about if people can find it without the use of a barcode. I hope this explains it clearly, I get what you’re saying but our decision is firm.