Formats disappearing when updating covers in sequence

Over the past year or so, I’ve been updating my cover art to match the editions I have (slipcover yes/no, consistent size/shape, etc) and in the past couple of months I’ve seen a weird bug that occurs when updating covers in a sequence, using the “next” button of the edit screen.

In this first screenshot, you can see that each title has its “format” icons in place (Blu-ray, DVD, and so on):

But when updating the covers using the “next” button…

The formats of some titles randomly disappear!

As you can see, Inherent Vice and all three Iron Man films no longer have any formats. This is despite hitting the “next” button for all ten films listed here. Some stay, some disappear.

As a test, I went back in and updated links for all of these titles using the “next” button, but the issue appears to be exclusive to updating covers only. I’m not sure if any other information is being removed; I only noticed the formats disappearing because the icons are featured under each thumbnail.

Just thought you’d like to know! In the meantime I’ll update my covers one at a time. Keep up the good work!

Quick question, are the Formats really gone for the entries? Or could this just be a display problem?

I mean, if you refresh the screen, do the format icons reappear?

Ah yes! I forgot to mention this—

They are in fact gone for the entry. I have to go back in and manually re-add the formats. (They will also sync to the mobile app without formats if I don’t catch it.)

@lazycartoonist I’ve been trying to reproduce the problem here in the office, but was unable to do so.

I tried modifying images of movies with 1, 2 and 3 formats, and hitting next, changing front covers by uploading new ones, cropping them, using “find cover”, all that.

Could you please show me this problem in a video?

You can record your screen via this website:

You can send me the file(s) via:

Or upload the video here!

Hi there! I have re-created the issue (I recorded with OBS since I already had it installed). I have uploaded a video file to WeTransfer! (I didn’t want to compress too much, to keep the screen legible)

I tried to be as thorough as possible, let me know if this is helpful!

Hi @lazycartoonist thank you for that video.

So looking at it it seems it might have something to do with it not finishing the previous upload/save, while “opening the next edit screen”.

We’re investigating, but, we would like to ask, as a test, if you can create smaller images, like 1mb in size, then do the whole “nexting” again with uploading the images, and see if you can still reproduce it?

Sure thing! I’ll try to make time today or tomorrow (and I’ll record another video just in case).

1 Like