How to Add Books by Scanning with Phone

Hello, I’m starting to use Book Collector and the CLZ app after some time and find myself confused adding books. When I select “Add Manually” in the CLZ app, I am able to scan the book’s ISBN correctly, but the other details (author, title, etc.) do not populate. When I scan the book’s ISBN via CLZ Barry, the book’s details do populate in CLZ Barry, but that doesn’t seem to communicate with the CLZ app. Any advice?

You need to use “Add Books from Core”.
Or just tap the blue + icon on the bottom right.

CLZ Barry is obsolete. It has been replace with the new app “CLZ Scanner”.

1 Like

BTW: if you are starting out with Book Collector now, I strongly recommend switching to our Book Connect web-based software, before you start.

The Book Collector desktop software is our legacy solution, which is not developed anymore.
Have you considered switching to our modern Book Connect web-based software?

Book Connect is easier to use and easier to manage, while still giving you all features and customization options.
Also the Book Connect web-based software is what all our development and support is focused on.

If you switch to Book Connect with our Trade-In offer, we will trade-in your remaining Book Collector subscription days and will transfer them to the Connect edition, plus we will add 4 extra months for free.

Full details about the advantages of Book Connect, and our Trade-In Offer can be found here:

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions about switching to Connect.

1 Like

Thank you, Alvin, I very much appreciate your advice and your continued dedication to developing your helpful software.