How to Disable Core Cast

I’ve noticed over the months when I add the name of a cast member that is already in my Custom Cast database that the majority of the time Core Cast only displays the member in its database and totally ignores my entries. I want to disable the Core Cast feature completely and solely rely on my custom database. For instance, when I enter Vincent Ventresca as a cast member only the entry from Core Cast displays and Movie Collector does not display the existing record of him already in my custom database.

Is this about the Add Actor popup, that lets you select an Actor from the list?

when I enter Vincent Ventresca as a cast member only the entry from Core Cast displays and Movie Collector does not display the existing record of him already in my custom database.

Those entries are the same, right? What’s the difference?
If there is an Actor in your own list AND in the Core list, it will show that actor entry only once. That is all. Just select it and it WILL use your local entry if it already exists.

Even if you enter your own actor entries, it is important to select the central Core entries, that is important for better syncing of your Custom Cast list.

Thanks for the clarification.