How to duplicate a Collection before I make major changes

Hi all. I have a very large collection catalogued into my CLZ. I’m about to try and reorganize the collection. I would like to “dup” the collection into a second collection with a different name to make the changes to. I can’t seem to figure out how to dupe the collection. Any advice?

Thanks in advance. Amy

It is not possible to just duplicate a collection in the app I’m afraid.

It is possible to sync to CLZ Cloud, then, preferably on a computer, go to Share your Collectorz.com comic collection online » CLZ Cloud for Comics and log in, and then from the menu top left create a backup and download it to your computer.

Then just start and make your changes in your app.

Restoring your backup
If you wish to restore the backup, go to the same Cloud website, go to the backup screen, and upload your downloaded backup zip. Restore it, overwriting your collection. Then on mobile:

1. Tap the top left side menu icon to open the side menu.
  2. Tap “Maintenance” and then tap “Clear Database”.
  3. Tap the top left side menu icon again to open the side menu.
  4. Tap “Sync with CLZ Cloud” and sync your entire collection from CLZ Cloud down to your mobile device.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the info. Not the answer I wanted but fair enough. Is there a way to move a box from one “collection” to another. So I have a “storage locker” collection, a “basement” collection and an “apartment” collection. Can I move a box from one collection to another?

1 Like

You can select multiple comics (tap and hold to select), then tap Action, then “Move to other collection”, and then select the collection you wish to move them into!

Would that help?

A “Copy” to other Collection would be my future feature request.

This request has been made before, but you have to realise that if you make a copy to another collection, those items will be separated. So if you edit 1 of the copies, it will not change the other copies.

The way to copy to other collection right now is to tap Action, then tap “Duplicate” on a comic. Then move the copy to another collection!