iOS apps no longer show film Edition labels

With the latest update to the iOS apps for iPhone and iPad, CLZ no longer shows edition labels other than DVD, Blu Ray and the other built-in labels. If I have films I’ve purchased on Amazon Prime or Apple+ or Vudu, those designations no longer show up on the iOS apps (though they can still be seen on th desktop app and on Collectorz app).

With “Edition Labels”, are you referring to Format icons?

In version 9, we ADDED support for many extra format, to make them show a nice icon. Quoted from the What’s New for v9:

Many new icons for digital and streaming formats

More popular formats now automatically show a nice format icon, as we added a lot of new icons for popular digital, streaming and other formats:

• Amazon Prime Video
  • Apple TV
  • YouTube/Google (they’re merging their video service)
  • VCD
  • DVDR
  • CD
  • Hulu
  • VUDU/Fandango (these services have merged)
  • Roku
  • Microsoft Movies & TV
  • Movies Anywhere
  • Netflix
  • Disney+
  • Plex
  • Files
  • Divx
  • UltraViolet
  • Shudder
  • Tubi
  • ESPN+
  • Freevee
  • MGM+
  • Crackle
  • HBO/HBO Max/Max
  • Discovery+
  • Crunchyroll
  • Peacock
  • The CW
  • AMC+

I think the issue I’m addressing was poorly described and, after playing with the iOS apps a bit longer, I think I see what’s happening better, so let me start over.

Simply put, when you added all the new Format options, these apps stopped listing any Format options that might have been created by a user like me. For example, you did not add two Format sources I use a lot: YouTube and Plex. On the iOS apps, if I go to the collection’s main screen, I see the movie listing and details just fine, only the words “Plex” and “YouTube” are not there. When I go to the Details screen for these movies, these formats are listed and checked! They’re just not showing up on the main screen for these films.

The result is, if I’m scrolling through a list of movies on the main screens, these movies show up without the Format designation that is often very useful to me.

This is not an issue with the desktop Movie Collector or with Movie Connect, only the iOS apps. I don’t think this was intentional, and truly hope this small thing can be restored. Thank you!

First, icons for both Youtube and Plex were added in the last update.

Youtube:

Plex:

Maybe that is confusing you? These formats now show up with an ICON, so that is why it does not show the text “Youtube” or “Plex” anymore. In fact, that was the whole point of this update :slight_smile:

I see! The problem for me was that these are not the icons I created for YouTube and Plex which were their “official” logos. It looked to me like the icons you created were placeholders, not logos. My mistake, and for that I apologize and thank you both for working with me — and for your patience! All the best for continuing success with your great program!

One final mea culpa: Your Plex logo is also an “official” Plex logo! (They have 2.) Be well!

I am sorry to hear that our icons are, apparently, not the official logo’s :slight_smile:

Google search for “youtube icon”:

Google search for “plex icon”:

Ya got me! I should’ve followed the old carpenter׳s rule: measure twice, then cut. In my case, I should have thought twice, then wrote! :blush: You guys are great!

1 Like