ISBN sorting option

Could we get a ISBN sorting option, like the sorting for Devey or LoC Classification? Bc sometimes I like that the isbn sorts my books in one go books/magazines/audio, language, publisher and depending on the publisher even author.
Thanks in advance
Ri

Hi Ri,

Sorting by ISBN is currently indeed not possible in CLZ Books. What advantage would sorting by ISBN really give here? Could you give a couple real life examples for me?

I thought I did. I use it kinda like a LoC number bc the isnb follows rules that enable me to sort my collection. The first part sorts books vs. magazines etc. The Number after that sorts language. And then the books get sorted by publisher.
Devey and loc both sort books in themes and i could sort like the isbn would with various folders but not if i want an ongoing scrollable list.

For Dewey and LoC indeed that is really what the numbers mean, to get those together. But for ISBN, I did find that the can include:

• Group or country identifier which identifies a national or geographic grouping of publishers;
  • Publisher identifier which identifies a particular publisher within a group;
  • Title identifier which identifies a particular title or edition of a title;

But that that isn’t always the case. Not all ISBN numbers will indeed definitely have that number to identify those books.

I’ve taken note of your wish though.

Can is a bit of an understatement in my opinion. Especially for the german publishing houses this works 99% of the time.