Issue color code inconsistency

While examining the date inconsistency (see separate thread), i noticed another unexpected difference between the Add Series and Main card views. On Add Series, issue numbers are color coded by status. On the main view, the coding is just a separate color bar in the bottom left. Further, In Collection items aren’t colored at all on the main card view.

This doesn’t really bother me but it got me wondering why they are done differently. FWIW, i like the colored issue number style more.

This was always the case actually. Issue numbers were colored in your Add screen as it really mattered there if you already have something before adding. They were never colored in the main collection screen though, it always had that bar on the bottom right side.

In a first draft (and we actually coded this as well during development) of the new way of displaying an issue in the Add Comics screen we also put them like that in the main collection screen, but the whole app lit up like a Christmas tree, so we decided to keep “flat” colored issue numbers there, and go with the “if it is not in collection, then highlight with a bar” as it always used to be.

I’ve taken note of your suggestion as you like the colored issue number style more. It would mean that most of them would turn blue though!