Issue Order Within a Series

I have a question about how issue order is coded within a series/title.

In the ‘Variant’ field, there is most often a letter when there are multiple covers of an issue. This shows up as “1C” (for example) in the title number as one would expect, and then sorts itself in alpha-numeric order…again, as one would expect.

My problem is this: I want to add something like " (1:10)" (without the quotes) to follow the letter in the ‘Variant’ field, so that it would show up as “1C (1:10)” for the issue number so that I can see that it’s a ratio cover on the main screen of a title. But for some reason (likely to do with coding), it will then sort that issue to the very end of the Issue 1 covers instead of retaining alpha-numeric sorting as one would expect.

Is there a way to correct this behavior?

Indeed if you put that in the Variant field it will behave that way (and might not be what you expect, but, it shouldn’t be there anyway).

(1:10) should be in the Variant Description field. Is that an option?

Yes, one can put the ratio in the Variant Description field, but that doesn’t show on the Card/List view of a series, it only shows when you click into the details of that specific issue.

I want to see the ratio on the Card/List view, and I want it to sort alpha-numerically, even with the ratio following the letter in the Variant field.

Well actually, that is where we put it, so if you add a comic that has a ratio, and we have that data in our Core, then you get it in the variant description field.

We might add the variant description field to the list/card view in the mobile app in a future release.

As for using the issue field: I would just not do that. It’s not for that, it might cause you troubles in the end (like a “missing comics” screen not working, or other things). The sorting can not be modified to make it work for (1:10).