Last Date Played - Using Loan Function

Not sure if this helps anyone, years ago I was looking for a way to mark titles as played/not played, date played etc
Then filtering on ‘unplayed titles’ or items that hadn’t been played for a while.
I have noticed that some people have renamed the Release Date and Recording Date fields to reach this, but I use these fields for their original function.
My workaround was to use the Loan function (which I didn’t actually use) and renamed the fields (Loan Date = Last Played) (Due Date = Next Play Date).
This works well for me because I have added the Loan Commands to my action bar and if I click on a title it shows whether it has been played or is not marked as played by the icon being highlighted or not. It also makes it easy to mark a title as played and when. You can also bulk edit the play date etc.
More important to me I can sort/filter on unplayed items or ones that are due for a ‘revisit’
I will add that I have over 14000 titles - mostly CDs so items can sit dormant for some time.
It would be really good if the Loan module could be duplicated to handle Played functions (Yes/No, Date etc)
There was also a keyboard shortcut to select a random title from a list but for the life of me I can’t recall what it was.

1 Like

Great idea, @lekermitage!

1 Like

I just saw this! You’ve provided a work-around for a problem I didn’t realize I had. Thanks.

1 Like

Found it! - to choose a random title selection use CTRL R on the keyboard. This works with either one artist selected in the L/H column or the whole database. Handy if you want a random selection for the day.