Let’s See Your Collection Rooms!

This is an amazing library… errr… collection! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Very impressive!

2 Likes

You are a legend @BobBretall :smile: A fanboys Dreamland …

2 Likes

Bob, I can’t help myself and need to ask: who cleans all this?
You must have imps or Dobbys because this is a MASSIVE undertaking.

5 Likes

My wife vacuums, we both dust (probably not as often as we should). We use a traditional dust cloths and also air dusters for delicate statues.

1 Like

ComicMonkey

1m

:rofl: you just answerd the two main questions my wife had about your collection.

1. Does he have a wife
  2. Who does the dusting

And i can imagen…even a small collection needs a lot of care… Keep it up :blush:

1 Like

This is where all of my collection resides in the basement, where my office is, the best thing about it is I get to be surrounded by all my books and models!

10 Likes

Very nice setup and impressive collection! I hope my next house has a basement so I can do something similar!

2 Likes

Looks great! I also have that Godzilla that’s on top in the middle of the last picture.

1 Like

My BCW box stacks aren’t worth showcasing but this part of my room is my happy place!

I plan to expand with more favorite slabbed comics when I get off my lazy arse and have the focus to drill more holes in my walls haha (I’m not handy whatsoever)

3 Likes

Thanks! The only problem is I need to properly sort the books in the crates. It is a big job since I haven’t kept up with things, and the great thing about having to do that is I don’t need to go the the gym as each box is super heavy, I get my weight lifting done.

1 Like

Godzilla is for my my favorite monster, I loved the last three Godzilla movies, but have yet to see Godzilla minus one.

1 Like

I like your wall! Nice collection of CGC books. Are you still buying/submitting them, after the CGC scandal?

2 Likes

Godzilla Minus One was fantastic in my opinion!

1 Like

Thank you!

Yes. Still buying and eventually will submit more. The comics I’m mostly interested in are modern (Spawn, IDW TMNT, and SIKTC) and I’m not as concerned about the uber expensive, scandalous comics being targeted. If people are defrauding me on those series, I’d be upset but I just don’t feel affected.

Minus One might be my new favorite Godzilla movie.

2 Likes

I went to Target and bought these shelves after seeing your post. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

You’re welcome! I got mine at Lowe’s, didn’t realize they had them at Target. Mine are rated for 350 lbs per shelf.

What do the shelves look like?
In case your looking for storage about $12.00 Cndn for your shelfs
I use wooden crates from Walmart to fit into my shelves which are from ikea, and Canadian tire. The crates fir perfectly.
The crates hold about 250-300 comics plus you can put some in the side.
I do a bit of additions to them, by adding a bottom piece to make them stronger, and round felt stick on furniture sliders, so they slide in easily.

Mine is a work in progress at my brother’s house currently (had a divorce that dislodged me) but I use Comic Drawerboxes, long, currently at 170 but could expand to 200 soon. I have a Marvel wall, a DC wall and an Independent wall. Each box has a printed file card on the front with the books inside, and on top of that I put one issue from the inside of each box on the outside in a toploader on a piece of F channel to show visually what’s in the box. I also use Blind Science labels for dividers inside the boxes (I don’t have a picture of that sadly) that makes the drawers pop when open. I hope to have it all finished by the end of this year. I can only upload one image so I chose Marvel, it’s the farthest along. Hope you enjoy!

!

6 Likes