"List index out of bounds (16)" error?

I’ve been getting this error box lately. It will not disappear after selecting “OK” or “X”. It keeps coming back as if it is in an unending loop and forces me to terminate the program. Does anyone know what the cause of this is? Is there some kind of corruption in my database or its indexing? If so, is there a way to reset the indexes from the menu?

Hi @johnsonpwj

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this error. It could be caused by various things, it’s hard to say which it is for you - but I have a solution that will likely fix it for you:

Please follow the steps below to try and resolve this issue, this process will affect some local settings in your software such as the width of columns, but your database will not be affected.

Here’s what to do:

1. Click the Windows start icon and type ‘regedit’ into the search box, then press ENTER.

2. Locate the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Collectorz.com > Movie

3. Select that “Movie” folder entry there and delete it!

4. Download and install Movie Collector from your My CLZ page:
    https://my.clz.com

5. After installing, you will have to unlock the software. Fill in your username/password to unlock the software.

6. Before actually opening your database, try adding one movie to this empty database, just to check if it all works fine!

7. Now, reopen your database: Click File > Open then locate the database file in order to get things working again.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks for the solution steps. I was able to reset my program as you instructed. I wouldn’t want to do that every day, but I was able to reset my database and format the screens back to their original settings. I will let you know if the error returns.

Good to hear that at least solved it for now.

If you do get the error to return, please restart the computer, then open the program, and re-do the steps you did “just before the error” - to see if you can make it do it again - if so: let me know how so we can try to investigate further!