New free 100 plan

I received an update notice on my iPhone and have a question. I have the lifetime subscription grandfathered in and don’t need the newer subscription method as I have Books Connect and only use iOS once in awhile as faster than logging in. I have way more than 100 books.

If I install update will it change to needing a subscription?

Hi @Lar
If you are grandfathered in, the app will just keep working like it did before with your grandfathered status. So no you won’t need a subscription.

The new “Free Mode” is for any new user who would like to use (or try) the app up to a 100 books for free.

Hello. I have recently tried CLZ Movies for a week, but didn’t subscribe. After updating my account says it’s in Free Mode but I can’t sync to cloud.

@machinemaker12

It look like you were trying the app when it was still with 7-day free trial. It has recently changed, so the system doesn’t “understand” your account right now.

The fix will be easy:

1. Open your Play or App Store and search for CLZ Movies, and see if you can update the app to the latest version
  2. Open CLZ Movies, and top left tap the menu and then your account name - and log out
  3. Now, start “Free Mode” from the menu top left.
  4. Now, log in with your CLZ Account again.

You should now be able to sync and use the app in Free Mode with 100 movies.

Let me know how you go!

Thank you. App is updated, I have logged out but I can’t find the free mode.

Can you post a screenshot with the menu open, top left?

Thank you! Indeed, that is wrong.

Looking into this now, I will post back here when I have further information,

Thank you very much

@machinemaker12 can you try logging into your CLZ Account again with the app, and see what happens in your menu then? (I made some modifications in your account)

I’m trying but can’t remember password. It’s written down at home but I’m at work

I’m hesitant to reset it as I don’t want it to disrupt any of my other CLZ products

If you reset your password, you just have to enter the new password in your other CLZ apps - it won’t disrupt them.

Okay, I’m in lol. What next?

Great! Did the “subscription status” change in your menu when you logged in?

It says Expired, but I am now able to sync. Thanks again for your help.

Sorry to hijack an old thread, but my CLZ Books app is acting this way too. I’ve force closed it after signing out, picked the “free 100” model, signed back in…but I am still forced to subscribe if I try to sync or add an item. Any ideas?

For problems like this, better contact us at help.clz.com directly.
These are typically not forum type problem, as we need to look into your account, fix things, etc…

Just so it’s clear for me:
Regarding the free trial, If I do not subscribe and pay the yearly or monthly, after the trial, will I still be able to use the software if my book collection is indeed under the 100 book limit?

For the CLZ Books mobile app, with its “Free Mode” that is indeed the case. You can keep it using it as long as your collection is under 100 books.