[Ongoing] Kickstarter Projects

Again you seem to be forcing us to make a black and white decision. While at the same time asking for flexibility in the rules.

I don’t get it.

At this point, I don’t know that it’s about black-and-white or flexibility or consistency so much as clarity. At the start of the thread, the guidelines were clear: submit Kickstarter books here, with this information, based on these criteria. Some of the criteria were questioned, but people kept submitting Kickstarters based on the established guidelines.

Then we were told that, based on one user questioning the established guidelines, the thread was no longer being monitored and staff were considering deletion (unless the Kickstarter reaches some unstated additional threshhold of prominence).

There was back-and-forth over the issue of establishing consistent guidelines—something I think we assume is important, given that we were provided a template at the start of all this, and I suspect is part of why people are encouraged to submit through the forums rather than the “Submit to Core” feature in the program—which ended with the decree that no new Kickstarter series would be added.

And then more Kickstarter books were added.

I don’t think anyone is saying “there needs to be a one-size-fits-all dictum,” but people would like to know whether it’s worth their time to submit things to the forum. If Kickstarter books aren’t being accepted, then I don’t want to waste anyone’s time by submitting Kickstarter books. If they’re being accepted as long as they’re submitted outside of this thread, or they reach a particular level of prominence, or on a case-by-case basis, then I’m happy to try my luck.

Either way, as I said earlier, my preference is for a more complete database, whether it lives on my devices or in the cloud. I’ll be adding my books locally regardless of the decisions of the CLZ admin; if there’s a chance that they’ll be accepted into Core and save someone else a few minutes of typing, then it’s worth the effort for me. But again, I’m sure it takes effort on the administrative end to turn these submissions into Core content, so I can understand making the decision to cut an item out of that workload.

But right now, it’s not clear what we’re supposed to be doing, and I can understand the frustration of trying to what admin has asked by following their guidelines for Kickstarter submissions—the right metrics, the right format, and eventually, no longer submitting them at all—only to watch more (in fact, the same issues already submitted above) get added by someone not following any of the admin requests established here.

1 Like

I understand that. But can you imagine that WE JUST HAVE NOT DECIDED YET?
Again, you guys seem to be forcing us into a hard black and white decisions with hard rules…

Sorry, we made a mistake… or did we? I mean, you WANT us to add Kickstarter books, right?

Again, I’d be happy to REMOVE the Kickstarter books we accidentally added. If that makes you happier.

But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, can you give us some TIME to decide, to come up with a good solution for this?

If you want a decision NOW, then it’s going to be a HARD NO on all Kickstarters.
If you give us some time, we may be able to come up with a better solution.

2 Likes

Great! If the status is “we’re currently re-evaluating our stance, give us more time to figure something out,” that’s great, that’s fine, I think we can all work with that, and I know I welcome it. I want there to be good, thought-through solutions to things! But hopefully you can see that “we need more time to develop a solution” hasn’t been the clear messaging in this thread, leading to the expressed confusion.

2 Likes

Comic: Nymphobots

issue: 1

Barcode: none

variant:

A Lani

B Lani nude

C Jem

variant description: Kickstarter

title:

publisher: Artists Align

imprint: Nymphobots Comics

Cover date: June 2024

Release date: June 2024

Modern Age | Color | Canada | English

Pages: 32

Cost: USD 15.00 (Kickstarter released)

Genre: Sci-Fi, Action, Adult

Writer: Paul Veenstra

Pencils: Breno Braga

Colors: Breno Braga

Letterer: Jess Havok

Cover Artist: Breno Braga

Editor:

Characters:

S-E-X-38 aka Lani

Daniel Netzer aka Danny Neutronic

Cadence Juarez

Plot:

Thrust into the year 2147, where innovation climaxes with the creation of highly advanced Sex bots, known as Nymphobots. An insatiable appetite for these lustful mechanisms means throbbing profits for the Mega Corporations that rule the World. But when one Nymphobot breaks the shackles of her programming and kills her Handler, she threatens to bring the dominating powers to their knees!

The story begins with the Nymphobot, Lani, thrown away like trash and discovered by the techno geek, Danny. He can’t believe his luck and quickly gets her to safety. Lani has never known kindness, and she offers herself as a token of gratitude. It is safe to assume that Danny has never known the type of kindness she is offering! Their peace is interrupted abruptly when Lani’s previous Handler, Murphy, returns to claim her. Try as he might, Danny is unable to stop the brute and is beaten mercilessly. Lani fights with all her might, breaking free from her programming. She is overcome with rage and unleashes vengeance upon Murphy, the man who caused her so much suffering. Now Lani becoming a threat to not only the Mega Corporations but the evil crime Syndicates. She and Danny help other Nymphobots free their minds, all the while facing danger around every corner.

Cover A

Cover B

Cover C

Back Cover on all issues

Could Impossible Team-Up be added? I submitted them in May

• EXACT TITLE: Atomic Robo and the Vengeful Dead
  • VARIANT DESCRIPTION: HC
  • PUBLISHER: Tesladyne LLC
  • CREDITS
    1 | Brian Clevinger
    2 | Scott Wegener
    3 | Scott Wegener
    4 | DJ Chavis - colorist, Jeff Powell - letterer, Lee Black - editor
  • ESTIMATE RELEASE DATE: 2023
  • COVER DATE: 2023
  • PRICE (On cover): $25.00
  • PAGE COUNT:
  • BARCODE: 9781944343217

So…can we still submit Kickstarter comics to core that meet your guidelines or not? There are some books I’ve been submitting over the past few months that easily meet your stipulations. Most have over 1,000 backers. I check every few weeks to see if they’ve been added and…nothing. I didn’t know this post existed until today.

I’ve read through the thread to see that the CLZ team is contemplating eliminating Kickstarter comics altogether. Has this decision been made? Will the news go out in a future newsletter?

Would like an update to know if some of us are wasting our time trying to help the community.

1 Like

For now, I recommend to just enter these into your app manually.

Here is a recent Kickstarter

Title: Nexus Scrouge
Baron Comics
Writer: Mike Baron
Artist: Kelsey Shannon
Cover Artist: Kelsey Shannon
Release Date: July 2024
64 pages
Barcode in photo
Hardcover
No cover price

Comic: The Adventures of Victory Harben
issue: 1
type: soft cover graphic novel
variant:
A Kickstarter Edition
B Kickstarter Edition
title: Victory Harben: Warriors of Zandar
publisher: ERB Inc
imprint: Edgar Rice Burroughs Universe Illustrated Epics

Cover date: 2024
Release date: 2024
Modern Age | Color | USA | English
Pages: 84

Cost: USD 25.00
Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure
Writer: Mike Wolfer, Christopher Paul Carey
Pencils: Alessandro Ranaloi
Colors: Arthur Hesli
Letterer: Natalie Jane
Cover Artist: Alessandro Ranaloi
Cover Colorist: Bruna Costa
Editor:

Characters:
Victory Harben
Hucklebuck
Tii-laa

Plot:
Victory Harben is stranded on the strange planet of Zandar and becomes involved in a conflict between two factions, the vicious Keelars and the docile Ki-vaa. Aided by a strange companion Hucklebuck and a young Ki-vaa woman, they work together to stop the vile plot against a doomed race.

This volume collects issues #1-4 of the comic book miniseries Beyond the Farthest Star: Warriors of Zandar, published in 2021 and 2022 by American Mythology under license from ERB, Inc.

Front cover A

Back cover A
VH Warriors of Zandar B  Thumbnail picture.
Front cover B

Comic: The Adventures of Victory Harben
issue: 2
type: soft cover graphic novel
variant:
A Main Kickstarter Edition
B Variant Kickstarter Edition
title: Victory Harben: Ghosts of Omos
publisher: ERB Inc
imprint: Edgar Rice Burroughs Universe Illustrated Epics

Cover date: 2024
Release date: 2024
Modern Age | Color | USA | English
Pages: 78

Cost: USD 25.00
Genre: Science Fiction, Adventure
Writer: Mike Wolfer, Christopher Paul Carey
Pencils: Alessandro Ranaloi
Colors: Arthur Hesli
Letterer: Natalie Jane
Cover Artist:
A Richard Ortiz (artist) and Arthur Hesli (colorist)
B Mike Wolfer (artist) and Arthur Hesli (colorist)
Editor:

Characters:
Victory Harben
Hucklebuck
Tii-laa

Plot:
Victory Harben and Hucklebuck along with Tii-laa continue to explore the strange planet of Zandar. Victory and her companions set out to solve the Zandarian legend of “The Land of Terrible Fires” facing danger at every turn.

Also includes a short tale, Hucklebuck in ”Blame That Tune” by Mike Wolfer (story), Eric Shanower (artist) and Todd Dewsnup (colorist). Hucklebuck while exploring a cave encounters 3 Keelars and lets’ say the power of 3 were out matched.

Front cover A

Back cover A
VH Ghosts of Omos B. Thumbnail picture
Front cover B

This is a new series. Issue #1 has 3 covers.

Publisher - Bentbox Comics
Title - Wingless: Born Different
Issue - #1
Writer - John Schell
Artist - Veronica Saraceno
Colorist - Dan Olvera
Letterer - Lettersquids

Cover A

Cover B

Cover C

Published by Toronto Comics Anthology
Publication Date: June 2015

Bonus Kickstarter stretch goal
Contains 4 short comic stories:
28 Pages 6x9 mini format

Cover Pencils & Inks by: Adam Gorham
Cover Colors by: Paris Alleyene

Contains 4 short comics, all in black and white.

MEMORIES OF THE RECORD MAN

By David Oxley

This “cass-ingle” of nostalgia remembers an old Toronto music landmark. Three friends and former employees of Sam the Record Man take a look back.

HA5 H1Kostrong text

By Sam Noir and Emily Zelasko

Ha5h1k0, a mechanical dog of unwavering loyalty, awaits the return of his owner in the steampunk city of Torontokyo.

WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED

By Miike Something and Todd Sullivan

A crooked doctor gets more than he bargained for when he tries to fix a prescription for a particularly psychotic gangster…

THE TOURIST

By Mark Foo

A post-earth starfarer crashlands in the ruins of long-abandoned Toronto.

Front:

Back:

Mandrill P.I.: Dial M for Murdered Coyote
It’s a 6 part series and there is currently a kickstarter going for a collected volume with both Hard and Soft cover. This is submission for the individual issues. There is no indicia in any of the 6 comics.

Issue 1
Mandrill P.I. : Dial M for Murdered Coyote Chapter 1
Publisher Christopher Brimmage
Writer: Christopher Brimmage
Artist: Carlos Trigo
Cover Artist: Carlos Trigo
Letters: Lettersquids
Release July 2021
Page count: 48

Issue 2
Mandrill P.I.: Dial M for Murdered Coyote Chapter 2
Release June 2022
Pgs 24

Issue 3
Mandrill P.I.: Dial M for Murdered Coyote Chapter 3
Release December 2022
Pgs 24

Issue 4
Mandrill P.I.: Dial M for Murdered Coyote Chapter 4
Release April 2023
Pgs 24

Issue 5
Mandrill P.I.: Dial M for Murdered Coyote Chapter 5
Release November 2023
Pgs 24

Issue 6
Mandrill P.I.: Dial M for Murdered Coyote Chapter 6
Release February 2024
Pgs 24

Thank You!

Delete this info
Sorry it was a carryover from #1 of this series. My mistake in editing.