Phone app camera now unable to scan barcodes

Hello,

I am having a recent issue with my CLZ Movies app. When I open the camera and go to scan a barcode, I am no longer able to adjust the camera focus to fit the barcode to scan when held close up to the phone. This is a new issue that has been recently occurring and I’m not sure what to do to troubleshoot this problem. The barcode from a distance is clear, but at that distance it is unable to scan. When I move the movie box barcode closer it becomes blurred and scanning is not possible. Again, new issue so not sure why it is happening. I look forward to figuring this out!

Thank you,
Andrew

@Andrew I’m sorry to hear you having some issues with the scanner.

Some questions:

• Since when exactly did this begin?
  • Was there an OS update in your phone? (which OS are you running right now?)
  • And which exact phone are you using? (and did you perhaps change phones recently?)

I noticed you also emailed the same question into support, but I will just answer here so we don’t have 2 conversations at the same time.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Good idea to keep the conversation here. Please allow me a bit of time this morning to reply with the answers to your questions.

May I ask if I were to delete the app from the phone and reinstall will that delete my content or will it remain?

I will reply back soon with answers!

Andrew

If you delete the app, then all data you have in the app will be gone, yes.

You can “sync with CLZ Cloud” first, so all your data is safely in your CLZ Cloud.
Then later when you remove, reinstall the app, you can “sync with CLZ Cloud” to download everything from Cloud to phone again.

Good to know about what happens when deleting the app. My thought it sometimes when you uninstall and reinstall it can debug app issues, but absolutely want to be sure not to mistakenly cause another issue by deleting all the content!

I am not familiar with the cloud for CLZ, but it sounds like this is something that should be synced no matter what already.

I will also reply back to your questions soon!

Have you had users experience this type of scanning issue previously?

So the iPhone is a 15.

The OS is the latest version.

I just saw that the account is currently not logged in - could this be the reason that we cannot scan a barcode?

If we sign in - would that potentially fix the issue?

Signing is highly recommended as that will let you backup your data to the CLZ Cloud.

But I don’t think it will solve the scanning issue.

Okay, I will work on the sign in - there is a possibility that the password has been forgotten so may likely need to be reset.

If you don’t believe signing in will solve the issue - any experience with this issue previously?

Again, just for my knowledge - are you able to scan when not signed in?

Can you try rebooting the phone, see if it does anything for you?

And let me know if you find your account, and if you’ve synced already please :slight_smile: