Printing a comic inventory report with cover images

Hi. I am interested in printing a report of comics that are on my Want list. I would like to be able to print it out to show to different store owners or comic sellers so they can check if they have a certain book in stock. I know how to do a regular export to a CSV or Excel file, but I wanted to know if there is a way to include a thumbnail or larger image of the cover of the book as well. This would help them identify what comic I am talking about.

Please let me know if this is possible and how to do it. Thanks.

Eric

You can do that from your Cloud. Go to:

As you may know, there is a main menu there in the upper left corner. There is a print to PDF and an Export option there.

BUT, don’t go there yet. That Print to PDF will print all of your comics. You first want to narrow your list.

In your Cloud view, change to your Want List. To do that, tap on the Folder icon. Mine currently says “Series.”

Scroll down to Personal and click on that. Then scroll down to Collection Status and click on that. Note: there is a shortcut on your screen to switch to your Collection Status. If you see that, you are welcome to use it. I describe the “long way” because that is how you would print a list of everything in Box 15, everything that is Tagged with “Needs Upgraded:”, everything with Purchase Store of eBay, etc.

In any case, you should now see on the left side your various collection statuses. You will see On Wish List. Click on that.

That should now show all of your Wish List comics on the screen. If you want to print only a limited number of your Wish List comics, go ahead and check those boxes now. If you want all of them, you don’t need to check anything at this stage.

Go to the Main Menu of your Cloud and choose Print to PDF.

Now you should see the ability to choose among ALL of your comics, your current list (which should be your Wish List) or just those that you checked their boxes (if any).

Choose the Current List (assuming you want all of them) or the Checkboxes (if you only wanted those comics that you checked, if you did that).

Now the export walks you through the steps. There is a place to choose which columns you want (series name, issue number, release date, etc.). And in the Page Set Up section, there is an option to include the thumbnail.

There is a preview at the bottom so you can be sure it will look the way you want.

Once you get the hang of it, it’s really a quick process!

1 Like