Problems exporting Items with special Characters

Hallo,

I export my titles to .txt to print labels. In the windows application this works fine. From Music Connect my special character (german “Umlaute”) are a mess, for example instead of “Unterallgäu” it is some unrecognizable Characters instead of the ä.
In the preview and in the .txt it looks good, but not after import to my label software. With the desktop app, the file looks the same in notepad but imports right with the ä.

Any Ideas on how to change char set? Thanks for the reply.

BR
Thomas

I suspect the problem is in your label software not supported Unicode encoded text files.

Maybe you can open the .txt file in a text edition, then save with a different encoding? Try ANSI.

You nailed it. Any ideas to fix this without the extra step? It works perfectly on the desktop software.

Edit: Does not fix the problem with Artists with an Alias Name like Bob “Ernie” Farmer. Also works with Music Collectorz Desktop App, not with Music Connect :frowning:

Not sure if this should be “fixed”. Unicode is the modern way to encode text with support all world-wide “special” characters.
Going back to ANSI would be a step back.
I think your label software needs to be fixed :slight_smile:

Edit: Does not fix the problem with Artists with an Alias Name like Bob “Ernie” Farmer. Also works with Music Collectorz Desktop App, not with Music Connect :frowning:

What is the problem there exactly?

Any Character following Bob is cut of. I think due to the "

Are you maybe using Double Quote as the Field Enclosure?
That would explain why double quotes in the data would cause problems.

I would expect the same to happen when exporting from the desktop software?

Yep, that was the field enclosure. Set different from the desktop software, now works

Im still struggling with the ANSI - Unicode thing. I use the brother p-touch editor software and brother states it is ok with utf8.

I still try. I will contact brother.

Edit: Tried another utf8 file and the P-Touch-Software kills the special characters. So its a software fault. Still wondering: What format was the one from the desktop app?

On Windows, that is a setting in the Export screen:

What do you have that set to?

It´s unicode on Desktop Software and this works fine

Connect always uses UTF-8 encoding.