Rear covers and Syncing with CLZ cloud

If I add a new album via the Core and it has a back cover I tend to delete the rear cover before saving the entry to my database. This is fine, however when I sync with CLZ Cloud on my iPad or iPhone the rear cover reappears on those devices. To delete them from those devices I have to delete the rear covers, Synch with CLZ Cloud again then do the same thing on the next device until they are all gone. It’s not that much of an inconvenience but if you could look into it at some point I would be grateful.
Thank you.
Keith.

Hi @KeithieW , indeed, the sync doesn’t handle this… as one would expect.

For now, what you can do is disable back covers completely in iPad/iPhone.

Open the app, open the menu top left, go to Settings. Scroll down and uncheck the “download back covers” box.

From now on it should work just fine.
Let me know how that goes?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. On my iPad and iPhone I have now turned off the Download back covers. This is OK and I will carry on with that.
However, I find it interesting that before, if I added a new album from the core then deleted the rear cover and CHANGED the front cover, Syncing with the cloud on iPad/iPhone will display the NEW front cover but also show the rear cover that I deleted.

Good to hear that will work.

Yes it’s a bit of a bug indeed, and I’ve taken note. Thanks for reporting this!

Good morning.
It seems that the download back covers switch has been removed from settings.
This means that I can’t get rid of unwanted back covers when syncing with the cloud.
Or am I just missing something?

It’s still showing on my iPhone in version 9.0.2.

Can you check again? It should really be in Settings!

Still there for me too:

Thanks Alwin,
I was looking at the settings on my desktop…silly me.
However, even with the Download back covers switched off on my iPad and iPhone, the back cover is still being downloaded when I sync after removing the back cover in the database record.
I will try and list a series of actions to see if you can reproduce it.
Thanks for your help.

The setting to download back covers in mobile app is only used when Adding an album or Updating an album from Core.

When syncing, it will just use whatever is there in Cloud. So if you have a back cover for that album or added it at some point and it is now in your Cloud…, then yes, it will download in the sync.

This setting is only for “Adding” or “Updating” from Core (as the setting says in the 2nd line)

Thanks for your reply. On my iPad and iPhone I have turned off the Download back covers.
However, I find it interesting that if I add a new album from the core then delete the rear cover and CHANGE the front cover, Syncing with the cloud on iPad/iPhone will display the NEW front cover but also show the rear cover that I deleted.
Also, I used to be able to delete the rear covers from those devices by deleting the rear covers, Synch with CLZ Cloud again then do the same thing on the next device until they are all gone. Now that doesn’t happen and the rear cover comes back whenever a sync is done.
From what you are saying above, if there is no rear cover in the Music Connect record then there should be no rear cover in the mobile app when a sync is done. That is not the case.

Thanks for looking into this for me. I will try and do what you say the next time I need to load a new album from core……it shouldn’t be very long.

In the mean time one of the records in my Music connect database that does this is:

Index No. - 13639

Artist - Kavus Torabi

Album Solar Divination - EP

So here’s what’s happening:

You can disable downloading of back covers for the Add and Update from Core.

However: syncing a removal of back cover is not possible currently. So that explains what is happening on your side.

I’ve just checked with the developers. We are aware of the issue, but I have no solution right now other than manually removing the back covers for each album on each device.

My apologies for this inconvenience.