Refinement to "Hide Owned"

I love the new “Hide Owned”

That said, when i turn it on it displays a load of variants for issues i already own:

I’m the rare collector who in most cases just wants one version of each unique issue in a series.

It would be great if there was a secondary “Hide variants for issues already owned” so I’d see only issues of the series where i don’t have ANY version of the issue.
In the example above, this would result in me seeing ONLY #4A and #4B

2 Likes

Clicking on the “B” next to the “hide owned” would limit it to showing 4A wouldn’t it?

Hide variants would in this case also still show #3A, while he already has #3B.

I think that if you hit “hide owned” and “hide variants”, you’d only want to see A variants for issues you don’t have anything for.

We are thinking of updating the “hide owned” to work like this:

hide owned: ON: only hides comics and variants you actually have in your collection. (so marked as in collection, and marked as for sale)

hide variants: ON: only shows A variants.

hide owned+hide variants: ON: only shows A variants of issues you don’t have any from marked as in collection and marked for sale.

This, in the example above, would only show you issue #4A (not #4B).
It would correctly hide #3A as you don’t care about that one, since you own #3B already

Would that be good enough?
Or do you want the hide owned toggle to just hide owned issues no matter the variant?

1 Like

Yes!! This would be great.
Seeing only 4A if that was the only issue i had NONE of would be fine… i could always expand if I wanted to see other variants of #4

Thanks!

2 Likes

+1 for this approach. It will essentially produce an A variants Add Series view of what’s flagged in Missing Comics

1 Like

Good to hear you like this approach (and you too @BobBretall )

I’ve put it on our to-do list (and we will try to include it in the next update)

1 Like

@CLZ_AJ Thanks!!!

1 Like