Request for Digital Icon in MovieCollectorz

Hi there,

I’ve noticed that most of my archives are in digital format rather than physical disks like DVDs or Blu-rays. However, I couldn’t find an option to indicate this in MovieCollector. Currently, the program uses a disc logo and disc tab, which doesn’t quite match the digital format. Is there a way to change this preference, or is it something that hasn’t been implemented yet?

I’m also curious if there are any plans for future updates to include a digital icon (as well as tabs) to represent digital versions instead of physical disks. It would be fantastic to have support for both physical and digital formats, allowing users to customize icons and tabs according to the format of their titles.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

I would recommend setting the Format to “Amazon Prime” (in the case of Fallout :slight_smile: ) which should give you an Amazon Prime icon in your main screen.

The “disc name” field is just called that way, but will not show up in your main screen. You can of course just type anything in the box behind it.

The “disc plus” icon, to add another disc can safely be ignored in the edit screen as you won’t need to “add another disc” in the case of a digital release.

You do have the option via the main screen by clicking menu “Tools > Field Names” to change the fieldnames if you’d like.

1 Like

Thank you for help. The settings for changing formats and customizing fields are great, and the issue I mentioned isn’t significant and can be overlooked. However, it would be beneficial to make a slight change to that part in future versions, allowing users to choose their media type—whether physical disks or digital files—using corresponding icons.