Side A/B

I have a thought that concerns track numbering.
I have choosen to use function “Header” for “Side X” on vinyls. Would it be possible to have a manual choice if I want tracks to be numbered consecutively for all tracks or start over at “1” for each Side?

I’m afraid it is not possible to manually influence the track number in CLZ Music, so if you have Headers, then the track numbers will keep counting up. It’s the same on Music Connect so changing this would require quite an overhaul of the entire sync system and all connected music apps we have.

So if you really want this, the best way would be to use “discs” for your “sides” as each disc will start counting as track 1.

This is a known and reported annoyance for some users though, so we have it on our radar.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try, i.e Disc: 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B etc.

I asked for better handling of vinyl ten years ago.

Here’s what I’ve been doing to make it work:

1. Create a disc for each side, create one header on each disc.
  2. Drag songs below headers.
  3. Renumber.
  4. Drag headers to a single disc. Delete unneeded discs.

1 Like

That’s how I do it. Granted, I do most of my db adding and editing on the desktop app, I’m not too worried about the specific listing on the mobile or web apps. I tend to use them only when shopping or verifying what I have. It’s a couple of extra steps, but it works.

This will work indeed on the Windows version, but this does not work on Music Connect/CLZ Music I’m afraid.

This workaround method on Windows is actually exploiting something that doesn’t work correctly but well, for what people need it for it’s been left like this :slight_smile:

Will think about allowing renumbering under headers. Right now it’s just not possible in CLZ Music mobile app.

I’ve been using the add disc for sides A & B for quite some time and using headers for things like Original album and Bonus extras, it works a treat. This system is perfect for Multiple disc boxsets and you can even add dvds and blurays using headers to split up the multiple audio and video formats. I use the desktop format and then transfer to mobile app

I use the mobile app 80% and I love it. I don’t use the Windows version anymore. I have now therefore done as CLZ_AJ suggests, i.e. create a “Disk” per “Side”. Next, l enter “LP 1 Side
A”, “1B”, “2A”, etc. in “Disc Title”. Finally, I move the tracks to the correct “Disk/Side”. I start from the back. It’s a bit tricky but it works but may not be an optimal solution.

Still very grateful for your option at the time, I still use it!
JP1, you rock!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like