Slight inconsistency around 'Dropped' books

Good morning.

I’ve noticed another small thing around read books.

I’ve got an entry marked as dropped:


If I look on the list view, it shows the ‘Read It’ as No:


But if I click on the title to look at read view, it says Yes:

This is a bit confusing. I think there are pros and cons for both views, but I guess there may be a technical reason why it’s works like this currently?
Also, if you don’t set a date in the dropped Reading History, it doesn’t show anything under Read at all:

image

But it does show up on the Read History table correctly if the entry has been read by someone else:

I don’t know whether this is an actual bug or intended behaviour, but it is a little confusing as it is right now.

You definitely found a couple of bugs here, but say you group by “Read it: Yes/No folders” - where would you want the “dropped” book to be if you can only choose Yes or No?

(say you want to completely read your library, you will have 10 books dropped - I would want them under Read: Yes folder, because I won’t touch them again anyway, I consider them “done”)

For columns/folders I’d say dropped book will show as Read: YES.

So your “NO” folder will remain clean with books you still have to do something with. Agreed?

As for the details pannel, I’d say it would show as

Read: Dropped
or
Read: Dropped 12 Mar 2022 by Chris

What do you think?

Hi Alvin,

Putting them under ‘Yes’ would make sense to me. As you say, that would easily allow you to just see what remains to be read. And if you wanted to look at dropped books, you can always have a folder with, e.g. Read It/Reading Status.

On your suggestions for how it would look on the read page, would it be possible to do this?
Read: Dropped by Chris (if no finish date specified)
or
Read: Dropped 12 Mar 2022 by Chris (if finished date specified)

So you can see who dropped it?

Regards, Chris

Indeed, we’d do it that way. I think we have it fixed already, should go live within 24 hours!

Morning Alvin.

That’s working perfectly now:

Thanks!

Regards, Chris

You were fast :slight_smile: I was just about to inform you about the change that had gone live :slight_smile:

Good to hear it’s working now!