Staying w Collector but need software update

I would like to update my Collector software, but I didn’t want to do anything to mess up what I have going, which is ideal for me.

I want to stay with Collector. I absolutely need a copy on my computer. (I’m devastated after all my work that this might go away some day!) That’s the biggest reason I didn’t only join another online service, which specifically addresses my type of collection, when I bought Book Collector years ago. If I click to renew in order to get updates, will I be locked into an annual fee?

I checked your account and I see that for Book Collector, you are grandfathered in to the old “pre subscription” model. Which means that if you buy a one year subscription now, you can update to the latest version and you will not lose your granfathered status (so you will not be “locked into an annual fee”).

I want to stay with Collector. I absolutely need a copy on my computer. (I’m devastated after all my work that this might go away some day!)

That is interesting, I fail to see the connection between the two?
ALL of our users would feel devastated if their work might go away some day. And still, tens of thousands of them are using the Connect web-based software, with their data safely stored in our CLZ Cloud.

In fact, I dare say that your data would be safer in our CLZ Cloud than on your computer. We make daily backups of your data and can easily restore a backup in case of a problem.
Also, you can always make local backups and exports of your data, there is absolute no reason the data “might go away some day”.

In fact, instead of update your old Book Collector software, I would recommend to spend the money to switch to our Book Connect web-based software.

Let me know if you have any questions about that,

Thank you!

That is interesting, I fail to see the connection between the two?

Sorry, that wasn’t clear! I meant concern over Collector going away some day, not losing the data :slight_smile: I really need the information on my computer. I back up after every use to your cloud and also have backup to another cloud and three hard drives, so I feel pretty protected as far as the data goes.