Switching from DVD Profiler - Where are Cover Pics?

Let’s see if we can fix this.
First, can you confirm that you actually still see these cover images in DVD Profiler?

Then, did you use the import into Movie Collector or into CLZ Cloud? (have to be sure)

Hi again CLZ_Alwin,

I have cleared the database and imported the movies again. I have received a message informing of 953 unlinked movies and asking me for finding matches and linking my movies.

Regarding your question the answer is “Yes”, I don’t leave a movie without cover. If the movie doesn’t have a cover available I scan the cover or, more likely, download the cover from Internet. All the movies at my DVD Profiler database have covers (at least the front cover).

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

After redoing the import, how many are now without cover image?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to have all the details before I can provide suggestions for fixing this.

Do not worry, I am really interested in having everything solved.

First of all, confirm that I imported the DVD Profiler Database into the Movie Connect service.

Then, about the number of movies without cover… I don’t know, hundreds? Is there any way to check it? In the first 90 titles (I have selected the first ten files as a representative sample) 22 covers are missing.

And I am not sure what does mean that 953 unlinked movies. Could it be movies without cover?

A random example of movies without cover:

And the covers that appear at DVD Profiler:

Thank you very much.

Regards

Here I include other example that can not be considered as “child profiles”:

Regards

Oh wait!!!
But that does not import images AT ALL.

You need to use the Import from DVD Profiler in the Movie COLLECTOR desktop software. Only that one can access your local DVD Profiler images.

If you want to use Movie Connect in the end, that is fine too, but I recommend getting your images correct in Movie COLLECTOR first.

Well, a LOT of images were imported indeed :smile:

Then, should I download Movie Collector (with my expired subscription) and import from it the DVD Profiler Database?

Ok, I have already done it and the outcome is very similar.

[The films which covers are missing are normal movies (not child profiles): Charlie’s Angels, Animal Crackers, Secrets of Dumbledore, Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania…

For me, there is a problem with importing covers from DVD Profiles, at least in my case.

Regards

No, those were not imported. These images were coming from our Core online movie database, because the import was able to auto-link most of your entries to our Core entries by barcode (or IMDb Nr).

I can give you a temp subscription if necessary.

Okay, let’s fix this.
First, in your DVD Profiler program it DOES still show the images for these movies, so that means the image files ARE still on your computer.
The DVD Profiler importer of Movie Collector should have automatically found the images and should have copied them to the Movie Collector images folder. Apparently that didn’t happen.

We now need to find out where these images are, and then manually COPY the image files over to the Documents/Movie Collector/Images folder.

Also, we need to verify if Movie Collector does have the correct image file paths. Let’s do that first.
Switch Movie Collector to List View and then add the Front Cover field as a column to your list.
Then please make screenshot showing the FULL cover file paths in that Last View.

Hi again,

First of all, thank you very much for all your support and help.

Here is the screenshot you demanded:

I have no idea why the program has decided to store the pictures at OneDrive.

And I have checked that, in this view, there are many many pictures that appears that in the other view were missing (for instance, in that example with the 3 movies set of Beverly Hills Cop, the individual covers were missing, but now all of them share the same package picture).

The covers are at the defined folder:

If we focus in the 65 movie example, the picture is not at the Collector cover folder, but it is available at DVD Profiler:

I hope this info let you closer to find the solution.

Regards

Okay, looks good.
The OneDrive folder is probably your default Windows Documents folder, no problem there.

Now you need to find where the original DVD profiler image are, in particular the ones you are not seeing in Movie Collector.
Where are these on your computer?
For example that 4k cover image for movie 65.
If you EDIT that movie entry in Movie Collector, then go to the Covers tab, you can see the filename you. need to look for. (I can’t see that in your screenshot of the list view because the column is not wide enough).

If you can find where all the DVD Profiler cover images are, I recommend copying them all over to the Movie Collector images folder.

That may make some of them appear in Movie Collector automatically.
And for the rest, you can easily Edit the movie entry, and browse to the correct image from the Covers tab. Should be quite quick to manually link the missing images to the movie entries again.

Hi again,

I have copied all tehe images.

At the “List View” it seems that most of the covers, if not all of them, appear. But at the “Images View” many pictures are still missing. I have not counted them, but they have to be hundreds, nothing to be solved quickly manually.

But it is true we are making relevant improvements.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Those are just the small pre-generated thumbnails that are missing.
Use Tools / Maintenance / Repair thumbnails to fix this.

Also, while there, do Tools / Maintenance / Auto-Mark Custom Images.

Hi CLZ_Alwin,

Everything is working now!!! I have got back all my covers.

[Edit: Well, not all my covers are back, but instead of hundreds are only dozens of missing ones, something that can be solved manually]

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Now I have to subscribe. Is it as simple as click in the “renew” button? And I need the CLZ Movies for Android. Once I have renewd my subscription, should I switch to Movie Connect? Sorry for the Off-Topic.

Regards

No need to subscribe to Movie Collector, I have given you a few free subscription days, so that you can sync to the CLZ Cloud and start using Movie Connect.

Here’s a few steps I recommend:

• one last time, use Tools / Maintenance / Auto-Mark Custom Images
  • then from the CLZ Cloud menu, choose Synchronize, that will open the Sync screen.
  • in the Sync screen, at the bottom, choose Clear CLZ Cloud, to reset your cloud
  • now Synchronize to upload your data to the CLZ Cloud fresh

Now you should see the data in Movie Connect, hopefully with all your images.

To subscribe to Movie Connect, use the CLZ Shop here:

Ups!, sorry CLZ_Alwin. I have already renewed my Movie Collector Subscription. I should have had more patience.

I have also subscribed the Android App.

I have downloaded the missing covers and saved the database.

I have already erased the existing (old) Cloud Database and I am uploading my current database (it’s taking a while) and then I will sync my mobile with the cloud.
I don’t know if Movie Connect is better than Movie Collector, but having the desktop app is not a problem right now.

Regards

No problem, I can transfer that subscription to Movie Connect for you.

Downloaded? From where?

Movie Connect really is the way to go. See my post about that in the General forum here.

BTW: looks like the Syncing to CLZ Cloud has finished, I see 2769 movies in your cloud now.

It would be great if you could do that, CLZ_Alwin. But wait for a while, I am syncing my Android app and I don’t want to do anything that could break the process (it seems it is going to take hours!, after half an hour I have only synced 700 titles, 2.000 more remaining).

I downloaded the covers from the Movie Collector. I select the “Find cover image” and downloaded which I preferred. Perhaps “donwload” is not the proper word but “update”?

Yes, the syncing to CLZ Cloud ended some time ago, from then I am Syncing my Andorid app. Big brother is watching! Haah!, hah!, hah!

Regards

Mmm, I wonder why that is so slow?
Are your cover images HUGE files maybe?
Normally, syncing a database of 2769 movies should not take more than 15 minutes or so.