Synch Error

Greetings:

I have a problem when trying to Synch with Cloud. I have 50 Cloud Changes (to be downloaded) and 254 Local Changes (to be uploaded).

When I Synch using the icon in the lower right or with the Sych with CLZ Cloud the 50 Cloud Changes download with Conflict Resolved. Then no action with the 254 to be uploaded. Eventually I get the Timeout Error.

I have restarted the App and the phone several times with the same results.
The Synch screen always goes back to the 254 and 50 numbers.

Anything I am missing or not doing ??

Thanks

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some troubles syncing! We would like to see video of this if you can make that happen?

So the video should show

• opening the sync screen,
  • starting the sync
  • wait for it to time out.

Here’s how you can make a screen recording on your Android device:

1. Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
  2. Tap “Screen record”.

If “Screen record” is not there, you might need to swipe right to find it. If it’s not there, tap “Edit” and drag “Screen record” to your Quick Settings.

1. Choose what you want to record and tap Start. The recording begins after the countdown.
  2. To stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the “Screen recorder” notification.

You can find the files in the Photos app in Library > Movies.

You can send me the file(s) via:

Screen Record file transfered

1 Like

Thanks for sending in the screen recording.

Something odd is happening on our Cloud server. We have enabled some additional logging to determine what exactly is causing the timeout errors.

Can you run the sync a few times again? Our new logging should pick up your requests and we can investigate further.

Please leave a reply in this thread after reproducing the timeouts a few times.

I just completed 4 Time Outs as requested

Thanks for letting us know, we’re going to check the logs to see what happened, we’ll be in touch here!

@JUnderwood

Unfortunately we need some more log files. Can you try it again, and try to make it time out a couple more times? Let me know once you have been able to do that.

Several more Synch attempts made as requested.

Thanks for that @Junderwood , it looks like it might have something to do with big crew lists, we just found.

Can you try this:

Open the sync screen, tap the “Auto Sync” option to switch it on, now go back to main screen and **leave your phone sitting, with the app open. **

You will see somewhere on the screen it is working, and it will most likely finish in about 10-15 minutes tops.

Can you give that a go for me?

Yes. I will give that a go. I was wditing the crew and cast lists.
I will let you know

Success !!!

Will I need to keep it on Auto-Synch?
Do I need to periodically Synch and notvwait until i am finished editin ?
Anything else I should do to avoid this ??

I would switch back to manual syncing for now, and go from there.

If it happens again, you can use auto-sync for a while.

We are currently looking into the problem to make sure the sync does not time out on bigger custom cast/crew lists, so that this problem won’t happen again in the future :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting this, we found a bug!

1 Like

Got it. Will do