Synched with core, no cover pictures just ? marks

recent update has removed all the cover images from my computer when i synced. how to get images back into my computer. they are in the cloud when i look but have failed on a sync to be transferred back in. have 1665 movies in cloud to be synched. after synching i have nothing but question marks where they used to be a cover image. help!!!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some troubles with Movie Collector.

Did anything happen on the computer itself? Switch computers? Switch harddrives/rename a harddrive?

In any case syncing should not “remove” images, and if you’re seeing question marks, it indicates a different issue.

First thing to do is read this page:

It also has some solutions.

You might need to try this one:

Movie Connect web-app
Lastly, would you be interested in switching to Movie Connect? If so you could just leave your desktop as is, and continue work in the web-app Movie Connect where all covers will still be.

Movie Connect is easier to use and easier to manage, while still giving you all features and customization options.
Also the Connect web-based software is what all our development and support is focused on.

If you switch to Movie Connect with our Trade-In offer, we will trade-in your remaining Movie Collector subscription days and will transfer them to the Connect edition, plus we will add 4 extra months for free.

Full details about the advantages of Movie Connect, and our Trade-In Offer can be found here:

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions about switching to Connect.