Tapping an actors name = Griff Furst

@ToxicAtomicDog , I’ve checked the videos and indeed it updates all of them, then just didn’t download a lot of images.

I would like for you to try the following:

• open the app on your phone
  • from the menu, choose Maintenance, then Clear Database
  • then, again from the menu, choose Sync with CLZ Cloud to download your data.

Please keep the sync screen open, and when it is done, scroll through the log to see if any image downloads failed…

Make sceenshots of that please. Then after checking/scrolling through the log quickly, go to your main list of movies, and see if the images downloaded please.

Followed instructions. No messages in the log showing any failures. Main list of movies missing most of cover images. Uploaded screenshots to WeTransfer.

Thanks for sending the screenshots in @ToxicAtomicDog

I find it very strange. I made a copy of your database on my personal account, then downsynced to an iPhone and all covers came through for me.

So I want to look at this with one of our developers as well coming Monday.

Some questions:

• Do you have enough space on your iPhone? (how much free space do you have?)

• What kind of connection do you have? just regular wifi? VPN?

My phone has 337 GB of free storage.

I have two ISP’s running to a Firewalla Gold, Firewalla Gold: Multi-Gigabit Cyber Security Firewall & Router Protect | Firewalla. The ISP’s are in failover mode so the connections normally go through my primary ISP unless it fails. I work from home often and need a reliable internet connection. I use three eero Pro 6’s in bridge mode so the Firewalla is providing DHCP. I have been a Network Administrator for the last 25 years and purchased my first computer in 1981. I am more than happy to help in any way I can to figure this out.

While I’m on my home network I do not use a VPN.

Thanks for the extra information. I talked it over with the developers here, and we really hope you would be able to try on a different network, that does not have any similar construction as you have at home. Just as a test so we can really know that nothing in that construction is causing this (seemingly) random blockage of downloading a lot of images really fast (which is what the sync and the update from core procedures do).

Would that be something you can try?

Or even via your mobile service provider, like over 4G or 5G.

Sorry for the late reply. I just tested clearing the database and, while using 5G, started syncing. Out of the 1923 items it made it down to 1407 then displayed this error,

Sync Error

The operation couldn’t be completed. No space left on device.

My iPhone 15 Pro Max 512 GB running iOS 17.3.1 has 333.46 GB free. I closed the error screen and hit sync again. More items were downloaded then the error showed again. This happened several times until I was able to finish syncing. When I went back to the main display I found the same situation as before, most of the covers had not been downloaded.

I tried selecting all and Update from Core which downloaded some covers but not all of them.

Will try this again when I have access to a different WiFi network on Tuesday.

That is really weird. That sounds like there is a problem writing to the storage on your phone. Never seen that before.

It seems we have found a problem in the sync code @ToxicAtomicDog - it’s not you, it’s us.

We’re currently investigating and working on a fix. I will report back here once I have further information!

Just updated to 9.0.4 and everything seems to be fixed. I cleared the database again and re-synced. All the movie covers downloaded this time. Great work fixing the problems so fast.

I just woke up and got the email that our fix had been approved by Apple, and indeed, the new version fixes this problem. Good to see you’ve already downloaded/tried it and it works for you. Very happy to hear that! :smiley:

Thanks for letting us know!