The number of songs is not correct when I run a report

Hi, When I look at the statistics in Music Connect I have 199371 songs, but when I export a report to Excel it shows 199388 songs. Why do I get 17 more songs in the Excel file? (Number of albums 9307 is correct in the Excel file). Please see attached files.
Skärmklipp

Please note that the Statistics screen:

• only shows items that are marked as “In Collection” or “For Sale”. It excludes “wish list” and “on order” items
  • takes the Quantity field into account.

I recommend checking your collection for items on wish list, or with Quantity set to something other than 1.

What is the easiest way to find if I have some items with Quantity set to something other than 1?

Just add the Quantity field to your list, then sort on it.

I have no items in “wish list” or “on order”.
All my albums are set to 1.
Please see attached files.
Skärmklipp
Skärmklipp2

Let’s take a few steps back.
What is the first column in this screenshot?

It’s the number of rows in Excel. So I have 199388 songs according to the file, but 199371 according to the statistics in Music Connect.

We are a bit confused, where does this Excel file come from? Music Connect does not allow you to export on track level.

In your original post you said “when I export a report to Excel”. What exactly do you mean by that? What kind of report have you exported, and from where?

I do like this:

• Export to XLM
  • Download
  • Move the file to Desktop
  • Open Excel
  • Select the “developer tab” and then “import”
  • Double-click the file
  • Select “XML table in existing spreadsheet”
    Then I just change the names of the headers (from “display name” to “Artist” and from “title 15” to “Track” and so on). Then I remove all unnecessary columns and finally I remove the rows that are blank in the “Track” column.

Any answers or comments?

I am afraid we can’t tell why the numbers are different.

I suspect this is related to getting a track list from the XML file, and the process you are using for that.